The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 864 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 864 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Would Pete Be Handling This?
Since we are all huddled inside listening to our neighbors loud coughing and preparing to die, let's discuss THIS lol

So, of anyone in this democratic primary, I personally felt Mayor Pete was a rare, authentic candidate.  Authentic in every way.  I felt he was a man ready to self-sacrifice to do a job for America instead of, well, funding his family and businesses through use of the office etc.  I felt like he was someone who - during a crisis like this - would be able to not only handle such a situation well, but would be able to CONNECT with Americans and make them feel safe.  To make us feel we were all in this together and we would do fine ultimately.

The reason I feel that, he is younger and comes with something of an inner care for other people.  If you met him, he's someone very "vulnerable" in that if just feels like he's another person on the street.  A Mayor can make you feel like that I suppose.  I felt NOTHING like that from other candidates.

What I felt from everyone else except for maybe Yang, just HARD political shells bent on blasting the other to make their voice heard.  Or, old political barnacles stepping up because "it's my turn" with nothing real to offer.  Or, ppl obsessed with tossing numbers or rejecting the numbers of others.

Pete was like F that, we live in a new reality, we have problems unsolved for a generation, we have NEW problems not understood by ppl on this stage, etc.

I feel if we saw him at the pulpit during this, we would all feel much more assured and much more willing to sacrifice anything.  I think younger ppl are, in part, making huge light of this because where is the information coming from?  A president is supposed to LEAD through a thing like this.  Maybe they don't believe the threat because they don't believe HIM.

Messages In This Thread
How Would Pete Be Handling This? - by TheNomad - 03-22-2020, 03:03 PM