Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
aRE wE tAKING tHIS sERIOUSLY?
(03-29-2020, 11:06 AM)TheNomad Wrote: Have  considered our culture will change?  Did you mean from working in buildings made of glass and concrete to laying around in huts harvesting the grass for food?  Yes that was the purpose of the post.

Our modern world may not survive.  That isn't the generational crisis you long to teach about, that's collapse and revival no one (including you) is prepared for.

I could see buildings designed for the comfort of virus testers.  Say, this might be an outbuilding between the main place of work and the employee parking lot.  You would not be allowed to enter some places of business without being tested for the virus or having your temperature taken or something.  Temperature is quick.  A virus test has just been created that takes 15 minutes, and I could see it slightly improved down stream. Maybe if you fail the temperature test you go onto something more specific..  I could see increased use of soft materials where the virus cannot survive as long, or of copper and other materials that specifically kill the virus.  I do not see a need to redesign existing buildings, but some sort of reasonable modification is quite possible.

Grass for food would require genetic engineering of the people, the grass or both.  I doubt we are quite able to do that with current technology.  A zero labor food supply might well be useful given the high population and limited jobs due to automation.  It might eventually happen, but not quite yet.  Next Crisis, maybe.

Yes, I see attempts at change as a result of this Crisis.  I don’t see them as causing the fall of civilization, or a greater change that is more profound than say democracy, getting rid of the slave class, government control over the economy or an end to Crisis wars.  That is fear mongering talk.
That this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom, and that government of the people, by the people, for the people shall not perish from the earth.

Messages In This Thread
aRE wE tAKING tHIS sERIOUSLY? - by TheNomad - 03-28-2020, 10:43 PM
RE: aRE wE tAKING tHIS sERIOUSLY? - by TheNomad - 03-29-2020, 11:06 AM
RE: aRE wE tAKING tHIS sERIOUSLY? - by Bob Butler 54 - 03-29-2020, 01:05 PM
RE: aRE wE tAKING tHIS sERIOUSLY? - by TheNomad - 03-31-2020, 12:42 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why is it taking so much time to bring Trump to court? Captain Genet 67 14,429 10-26-2022, 09:59 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  Drivers take note: New anti-idling law in Ann Arbor taking effect nebraska 0 978 12-27-2017, 07:21 AM
Last Post: nebraska