Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it just me or is the 21st century....rather boring?
Stagnant is a good word Warren. I like it. 
Even still by boring I mean let's take a look at what has happened in the last 20 years compared to a century ago.

1900 - 1920

The amount of events and technological change in just 20 years is astounding. It is almost revolutionary. Bloody, very bloody, but a very revolutionary period in just a short space of time.

2000 - 2020

9/11 - horrible event but led to continued occupations in the middle East that still exist to this day. No real major changes in terms of life.

2008 - Banking crisis but overall the system is stabilised and life goes on.

2020 - Disruptive and is yet to be truly tested on what happens but as is the case in the 21st it is likely to be another life goes on event.

So these are, in my eyes, the big three events. Arab Civil War? Very predictable and has not changed the world in a huge way. Crimea? Not that big of a deal in the long run.

Tech changes have mainly been internet and social based like gay marriage. But overall not exactly major. I cannot list down all the events between 1900 -1920 as it is too big to cover. But I can for 2000 - 2020 and they all seem pretty stagnant and non changing in the long run.

Honestly, I don't expect life to change much in 20 years aside from my driverless cars. Perhaps more automation. But overall more of the same.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is it just me or is the 21st century....rather boring? - by Isoko - 04-27-2020, 01:42 PM