Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is it just me or is the 21st century....rather boring?
(06-18-2020, 05:00 PM)TnT Wrote:
(06-18-2020, 09:46 AM)Isoko Wrote: Just a tip about Churchill,

He never was staring defeat in the face. What he was facing was a stalemate. He mentioned in his memoirs how he and the general staff had no actual fears of a Nazi invasion. They all knew logistically it was impossible for Germany to pull off due to the size of the Kriegsmarine and having to actually support an Invasion. The only thing Churchill actually feared was the U-Boats, which he also noted.

In terms of "alternate" history, one wonders what might have happened if Hitler had not invaded Russia and had instead focused the full might of his military on western Europe.  Even with the failed Russian invasion and stunning loss of resource there, the German military was still formidable.

Assuming that Hitler was sane enough to avoid a land war with the Soviets, I tend to think that the V2 rocket and the nuclear work in Norway might have tipped the balance toward the Nazis.
Intelligence is not knowledge and knowledge is not wisdom, but they all play well together.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Is it just me or is the 21st century....rather boring? - by David Horn - 06-19-2020, 08:49 AM