Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
help me to understand purpose of mask
(05-31-2020, 07:19 PM)Warren Dew Wrote:
(05-31-2020, 04:22 PM)TheNomad Wrote:
(05-31-2020, 02:22 AM)Warren Dew Wrote: It won't destroy the human race.  Covid-19 basically doesn't cause deaths in children and young adults.  At worst, it will just kill people at a younger age.  But, I'd rather have those extra years of life, as I think most people would.

Would the whole world be told to STOP and not go anywhere if it was not that dangerous?

It's dangerous for old people, and old people are in charge.

I'm getting to consider myself "old" but I dread the mask.  I would rather have the virus and whatever that brings than to live my life under this wretched thing. 

If I have to be real, the mask is changing us on a fundamental level.  Every person we see or come into contact with is a potential threat.  Every person and item we come into contact with "could kill us".  We are not interacting the same any more.  We cannot.  Forced covering of faces is a cross of very real existential rights and liberties we enjoy as Americans.

I am NOT downplaying a threat to health and safety.  BobButler and those like him I feel are just really quick to give in to such a thing without even wanting to know about repercussions long-term.  Acting quickly is a sign of fear.  I am against anything that originates from fear.

Messages In This Thread
RE: help me to understand purpose of mask - by TheNomad - 05-31-2020, 10:16 PM