Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My thoughts on the George Floyd protests
(06-13-2020, 06:32 AM)pbrower2a Wrote: British blacks are often hyper-British, assimilating readily to middle-class ways good for doing well in an open society. 

So do many American blacks.

Quote:Events can change perspectives. Maybe the change in how people see race relations in America reflect that Americans recognize that things aren't quite as rosy as they may have seemed.

Maybe it needs to get worse before it gets better? The collective sense of guilt for slavery permeating American society became evident with the protests, now it's being acted out with some white protesters literally kneeling before blacks and asking for forgiveness.

Quote:And, yes, Donald Trump has exposed the sewer to us all. It's about like the toddler is proud to have pooped. Eventually it is something to not discuss in accordance with social taboos. Trump seems not to understand some of the normal constraints of American life.

Trump might be a psychopath. Psychopaths usually don't care about social norms. I've known one, she had no qualms to urinate in public or to ask people she barely knew for "money for the babysitter", so that she could buy drugs or booze. Trump seems shrewd and not impulsive enough to ruin his businesses. Is he a high functioning psycho?

Messages In This Thread
RE: My thoughts on the George Floyd protests - by Blazkovitz - 06-15-2020, 02:32 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Thoughts on the mixed race, globalised world of the future Isoko 37 19,686 06-18-2020, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Isoko
  Thoughts On Where We Are, and Where We're Going justpassingthrough 108 60,421 11-14-2018, 09:20 AM
Last Post: Hintergrund