Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thoughts on the mixed race, globalised world of the future
(06-15-2020, 03:20 AM)Blazkovitz Wrote: Overall I always considered Russians a part of Western civilization, and this is how the Middle East views them too. But when it comes to politics, Russians are more resistant to democracy than Indonesia with its exotic heritage. Is this because of Stalin's purges, which unwittingly eliminated all people with genetic traits conducive to supporting democracy?

I always considered the invasions more important.  They got ate by the mongols, then beat back three attempts from Europe.  The Mongols taught them how to rule as conquered.  The rulers exploit the people.  The failures from Europe meant they never leaned the Enlightenment values.  They are still stuck on autocracy.

In many ways they are more European than Asian, culturally, if you just add vodka.  The twin curses of the leadership exploiting the people and lacking the Enlightenment virtues leaves them well behind Europe, far enough that they are commonly separated from it.
That this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom, and that government of the people, by the people, for the people shall not perish from the earth.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Thoughts on the mixed race, globalised world of the future - by Bob Butler 54 - 06-15-2020, 05:01 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Aluminum Scrap Recycling: The Key to a Sustainable Future RecyclecurseWK 0 278 09-05-2023, 10:15 PM
Last Post: RecyclecurseWK
Smile My thoughts on the George Floyd protests Isoko 29 15,040 06-15-2020, 02:32 AM
Last Post: Blazkovitz
  Thoughts On Where We Are, and Where We're Going justpassingthrough 108 59,920 11-14-2018, 09:20 AM
Last Post: Hintergrund
  Device Explodes at Marine Race on Jersey Shore: Police Dan '82 0 1,893 09-17-2016, 12:02 PM
Last Post: Dan '82