Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
The cancer infecting the political Left
(07-28-2020, 08:53 PM)Einzige Wrote: You really don't have a strong grasp on Marxism.

In short, capitalism needs crises to fuel future expansion, e.g. the resumption of American capitalism after the Second World War or the stock market growth we see during Covid. Capital not only profits from crisis, it needs them to overcome the tendency of the rate of profit to fall.

But in the process it produces a crisis-proof society. In an age of nuclear weapons, there can be no wars to rebuild from, for example. 

It is precisely in its stability that capitalism creates crises endogenous to its operations,because there are increasingly fewer crises exogenous from which it can profit.

Hmm. Classic is trying to convince me that as I am a blue, and all blues are Marxists, tharefore I must be a Marxist. I’m glad you agree that I’m not.

I also agree that there will be a lack of triggers among the big democracies leading to crisis wars in the Information Age. Thus, triggers will be rare, no need to recover from crisis wars.

I will also state that September 11, Katrina, Iraq, the housing bubble collapse and other likely catalysts were not triggers. They did not make a transition to the new values inevitable. Not triggers. Catalysts. Both sets of values remained active and seemingly viable. You have to know the S&H theory to see the handwriting on the wall, to know what is coming.

But I do not see Wall Street as happy to see COVID or Black Lives Matter. They wanted or needed a big stimulus for COVID, and will see pauses in profits and bankruptcies anyway. No joy in Muddsville. The economy will struggle as a result of this particular crisis. I don’t see them as profiting from from Black Lives Matter either. Thus, I doubt your claim that capitalism created crisis for profits. How did they create either aspect? How will they profit from either aspect? You can’t choose your crisis at this point. Maybe you once could. Once upon a time if you were the aggressor in a crisis war, you could shape how and who you are going to fight. How do you intend to shape the new trigger and crisis now?

Again, you cannot count in observations from the last age to tell you anything about this one. Last age had lots of crisis wars and profit from them and their aftermath. Now? Put the observation that capitalists need crises for profits during the Information Age on hold pending their making a profit off a crisis. In the meantime, think, do not assume.

Also, I see the S&H turnings as a mechanism for how cultures change. A crisis is the time when the much debated two sets of values from the unravelling are resolved in favor of the new values. A trigger is an event which makes this process inevitable. The regeneracy is the time frame when the federal government fully embraces the new values, though it only begins a several year trial and error process as the new values are tried and tuned. This time the two sets of values debated are the red and the blue. Did you notice that Marxism is not one of the two? Did you notice that the blue is the new set?

Thus, we are not working from the same perspective at all. You are working from an Industrial Age perspective based on Industrial Age observations on how things work, and are pathetically out of date in the Information Age.

You can try to nitpick the details of Marxist theory. This does not change that Marxist theory has always failed. The red and blue values are both more relevant than Marxism. Marxism has been rejected for good reason. Three good reasons. Lenin. Stalin. Mao. Considering the magnitude of past failures, Marxism doesn’t deserve another chance.
That this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom, and that government of the people, by the people, for the people shall not perish from the earth.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The cancer infecting the political Left - by Bob Butler 54 - 07-28-2020, 10:13 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Catalist: findings on age-cohorts and political activity pbrower2a 1 361 05-20-2023, 03:51 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  The new political narrative Eric the Green 10 2,535 08-14-2021, 03:52 PM
Last Post: Eric the Green
  Rep. Dan Crenshaw irks both the left and right with gun comments random3 0 650 02-05-2021, 04:03 AM
Last Post: random3
  Bread and Circuses with California’s Political Hypocrisy SusanSusan 0 738 02-02-2021, 07:11 PM
Last Post: SusanSusan
  The Green New Deal is a left-capitalist fraud Einzige 0 648 01-31-2021, 09:03 AM
Last Post: Einzige
  Will a nationalist/cosmopolitan divide be the political axis of the coming saeculum? Einzige 66 46,387 03-21-2020, 05:14 AM
Last Post: Blazkovitz
Smile Treason's Just A Word For Nothing Left To Lose... Bad Dog 4 3,323 08-11-2019, 07:49 AM
Last Post: Anthony '58
  New York bill would ban anonymous political ads on Facebook nebraska 0 1,226 01-29-2018, 07:03 AM
Last Post: nebraska
  Critique Left X_4AD_84 6 6,372 03-21-2017, 01:18 PM
Last Post: Bob Butler 54
  Study: Political Polarization is Mainly a Right-Wing Phenomenon Odin 0 1,477 03-19-2017, 01:27 PM
Last Post: Odin