Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
The cancer infecting the political Left
(07-30-2020, 09:34 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote:
(07-30-2020, 06:18 PM)Ragnarök_62 Wrote: 1. He's a mad man , just look at his tweetstorms.

2. Stoic?  Really.

"Synonyms: Adjective Antonyms: Adjective
Here's the opposite of stoic.   Russian  Ambassador Lavrov.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sergey_Lavrov
There, that shows folks what I think of  "Russia,Russia, Russia" stuff. There's a lot of bipartisan gas lighting going on here. I choose to ignore it because I don't give a flying fuck what Russia is doing. Of course they interfere in our stuff, just like we interfere in there stuff. That's normal interstate competition.
So feel free to do a compare and contrast of Lavrov vs. Pompeo.

Fighting for loaves of bread.  Guess what? That's already happening.

PS.

The stuff going on is nothing new.  I've been there before.

Like, I got the Hong Kong Flu.  Covid is way worse than that. Same song, different verse. I grew up with this stuff, man ,,, in Oklahoma.

Big Grin 

Fighting for bread.  That's going on right now. It's obvious the Republicans offer nothing, except find some non existent job.
https://www.npr.org/2020/04/17/837141457...s-hit-hard

Here's the deal. 40 years of Republican  tinkle down economics is all wet. Doing the same thing over and over again is a definition of insanity.  Remember when Reagan said , "are you better off now than 4 years ago?   I have a newer update.  "Are you better off now than you were 40 years ago?   I answer in the negative.

What is the definition of "American" ?  Anyone that's a citizen is an American to me.  Regardless of socioeconomic class, color, creed, etc.  It's none of my business if someone is homosexual, trans, different color, liberal , conservative,  etc. I have too many other problems to fuss over stuff like that.  

I'm thinking like a Democrat because for one thing, the utter lack of a public healthcare system left the US wide open to what's going on right now wrt Corona virus. That is why the US is a banana republic. The US is right up there with Latin America with chaos. When I was a kid, and the US had a public healthcare system, I remember getting in line for shots at school, which were provided by the county health department.  This can't happen with coordination at the national level.  The economy sucked in the 70's , but the safety net and other public services were working well.  Now, everything's shit, shit, nothing works, all is corrupt, because of legal bribery sanctioned by Citizen's United.  The before Republican policy and after Republican policy leaves no doubt.  I'm done, done with Republicans.  They have failed, utterly.  I have nothing else to say.  Fuck Republicans and the horse they rode in on.

You said "there is a crises".. You got that right.  The evil axis of Neoliberalism/Neoconservatism is the author of this mess.  Republicans are all in on that axis. The Democrats, especially the younger ones, not so much.  Like AOC nailed. "It's all about the Benjamins".   That ought to be our national motto, man.
I know that's already happening and its only going to get worse with a zombie President, the Democrats stalling recovery and waiting for COVID19 to go away. You're right, the densely populated blues states were completely  unprepared to face a deadly pandemic. I don't judge Trump by his tweets and I hardly pay any attention to his tweets these days. If you view Neo Liberalism/ Neo Conservatism as the  axis of evil today then why would you vote for the politician/zombie  who has gotten rich by being in bed/ double dealing with both of them. I remember getting shots back in school too. I remember getting my polio and swine flue shots at school. In today's American way of thinking, does it matter where we get our kids their shots today. Today, our kids get their shots outside of school vs in school like the old days. We might see that happen again with COVID19 since it's new and all. I think the polio vaccinations ended with our group. I suppose we could thank science and FDR for pretty much ending that particular disease over the coarse of a few generation. I'm not invested in China, the European Union, the globalist  economy or the United Nations. I'm pretty much invested in the American economy or American private sector. I thought Omar said something about "It's all about the Benjamin's". She's right, It's all about the Benjamin's to her, her supporters, to me, to everyone on the American right and most on the American left these days.

Things got this way after 40 years of "lower my taxes, get rid of regulation" Republican policies. Here's the deal, I'm going with the Zombie because Trump wants to take away my Social Security/Medicare , worker safety, etc. No more shrddeding the remaining safety nets by Republicans. They've destroyed  enough enough already. That's a red line for me.  Since the Republicans are still at this project , I'll vote for even a yellow dog, over Trump and any Republican down ticket.

As for shots, "like the old days".. I have a problem with that also. Every civilized country in the world has publicly funded shots, except for the US. As for the Covid shot, it's not going to be free either.  This is stupid. Healthcare should never be a privately supplied service.  People over profits!   The American Right fat cats are the ones who are the most about the benjamins. That's the problem. As for China, I don't care about that issue either.  If anyone has a problem with China, it's the American fatcats who made China what is today.  If China wants to take stuff away from "American" companies, fine.  Let those fuckers pay for the mistake they made , chasing cheap labor. Fuck 'em.  "American" companies can eat shit and die.   It's all about the benjamins for me, just enough to not be on the streets or starving. If AOC want's poor people to have more,  more power to here.

Yes, I know damn well Biden bad, but the Republicans have done jumped the shark. At least there's a chance the youngins and Bernie can light a fire under some butts who want to to be Neoliberals/Neocons.
---Value Added Cool

Messages In This Thread
RE: The cancer infecting the political Left - by Ragnarök_62 - 07-30-2020, 10:45 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Catalist: findings on age-cohorts and political activity pbrower2a 1 363 05-20-2023, 03:51 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  The new political narrative Eric the Green 10 2,535 08-14-2021, 03:52 PM
Last Post: Eric the Green
  Rep. Dan Crenshaw irks both the left and right with gun comments random3 0 655 02-05-2021, 04:03 AM
Last Post: random3
  Bread and Circuses with California’s Political Hypocrisy SusanSusan 0 741 02-02-2021, 07:11 PM
Last Post: SusanSusan
  The Green New Deal is a left-capitalist fraud Einzige 0 649 01-31-2021, 09:03 AM
Last Post: Einzige
  Will a nationalist/cosmopolitan divide be the political axis of the coming saeculum? Einzige 66 46,405 03-21-2020, 05:14 AM
Last Post: Blazkovitz
Smile Treason's Just A Word For Nothing Left To Lose... Bad Dog 4 3,329 08-11-2019, 07:49 AM
Last Post: Anthony '58
  New York bill would ban anonymous political ads on Facebook nebraska 0 1,228 01-29-2018, 07:03 AM
Last Post: nebraska
  Critique Left X_4AD_84 6 6,378 03-21-2017, 01:18 PM
Last Post: Bob Butler 54
  Study: Political Polarization is Mainly a Right-Wing Phenomenon Odin 0 1,480 03-19-2017, 01:27 PM
Last Post: Odin