Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
The cancer infecting the political Left
(07-31-2020, 07:36 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote:
(07-31-2020, 02:39 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: The social security fund gets more than it needs. Extra funds are stolen from SS to pay for other things. What other things? Things we liberals live on? Mostly for the military and the national debt to pay for your wars. We've got to win so much that we get tired of winning, right? National debt consists mostly of military spending and interest on the debt, plus the Obama stimulus that Trump is benefiting from and which was made necessary by your guy Bush. Now we have to add a lot to the debt to help YOU PEOPLE (small and big business profits and "working Americans"), and for unemployment benefits, to pay for the Trump Virus.
The Social Security Trust Fund has already been spent and is currently being tapped to cover the shortfall between the wage earners and recipients. We are paying for China's virus not Trump's virus. See, you're still thinking like a Democrat too. Dude, the bulk of Obama's stimulus went to shoring up Obama's base and about a quarter went to fixing some roads. The Obama stimulus was probably the biggest political scam in US history. I take that back, it's probably tied with Obamacare and Trump-Russian collusion. I watched that dip shit playing his partisan politics during the funeral the other day.

There has never been a shortfall of the SS trust fund which has to be covered. The trust fund was spent for non-SS purposes such as war and debt payments incurred by war.

The Trump Virus is now being paid for by additional debt imposed on future generations and more bond holders. I sure hope I'm thinking like a Democrat. Democrats today think and feel and Republicans do neither. The biggest political scam is probably Trump's claim that he helped the economy, when it was all due to Obama's great stimulus. Obama's base was all the working people that it helped, including the government workers that the Tea Party later fired, causing the economic recovery to stall. That stall was just what the Republicans wanted so they could depose Obama, and Romney ran on the stall. It didn't work because Obama was a much better candidate than Romney. Scores were 19-2 vs. 4-10. Romney had no chance.

The Trump-Russian collusion was successfully covered up by destroying evidence, just as Mueller reported.

The highlight of Obama's eulogy to the hero John Lewis was his statement about how the Republicans are trying to suppress the vote now. The Republicans close polling places, purge voters and impose barriers so poor people don't vote. This was most appropriate, as moderate David Brooks said today on the Newshour. If Obama had paid tribute to the cause I had dedicated my life to, said Brooks, I would not mind at all! Obama in his eulogy just continued to do what Lewis had done his whole life: make some good trouble. Looks like it succeeded to the extent that it made you upset and eager to denounce it!

"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M

Messages In This Thread
RE: The cancer infecting the political Left - by Eric the Green - 07-31-2020, 08:54 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Catalist: findings on age-cohorts and political activity pbrower2a 1 361 05-20-2023, 03:51 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  The new political narrative Eric the Green 10 2,535 08-14-2021, 03:52 PM
Last Post: Eric the Green
  Rep. Dan Crenshaw irks both the left and right with gun comments random3 0 650 02-05-2021, 04:03 AM
Last Post: random3
  Bread and Circuses with California’s Political Hypocrisy SusanSusan 0 737 02-02-2021, 07:11 PM
Last Post: SusanSusan
  The Green New Deal is a left-capitalist fraud Einzige 0 648 01-31-2021, 09:03 AM
Last Post: Einzige
  Will a nationalist/cosmopolitan divide be the political axis of the coming saeculum? Einzige 66 46,382 03-21-2020, 05:14 AM
Last Post: Blazkovitz
Smile Treason's Just A Word For Nothing Left To Lose... Bad Dog 4 3,319 08-11-2019, 07:49 AM
Last Post: Anthony '58
  New York bill would ban anonymous political ads on Facebook nebraska 0 1,225 01-29-2018, 07:03 AM
Last Post: nebraska
  Critique Left X_4AD_84 6 6,365 03-21-2017, 01:18 PM
Last Post: Bob Butler 54
  Study: Political Polarization is Mainly a Right-Wing Phenomenon Odin 0 1,476 03-19-2017, 01:27 PM
Last Post: Odin