Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ACA Repeal/Replace: Progressives Face Moral Dilemma
(01-15-2017, 10:58 PM)Warren Dew Wrote:
(01-15-2017, 07:35 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote:
(01-15-2017, 04:08 PM)David Horn Wrote:
(01-15-2017, 01:36 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote: You're getting a hell of a deal and you are receiving a hell of deal because you are in a specific age group (fully retired workers) in a government system that's limited to your specific age group. I hope when I'm 69, I can get a hell of deal like you are getting now too. Do I expect to receive the hell of a deal that you are now? No, I expect to pay more money to receive less than you are entitled/accustomed to receiving and having available to you now. As I told you before, you should be thanking us for your healthcare because we are the ones who are paying for it and covering/taking on the debt associated with your losses. Where is your sense of gratitude? Did you loose it or didn't you ever have one? Didn't your parents or at least one of your parents ever tell you to shut up and be grateful for what you have?

If you kill the system you never will.  Like most systems built on actuarial models, Medicare, and Social Security, require future recipients to pay for current ones, so the next gen can pay for them.  It isn't rocket science, but it does require adherence to good actuarial practice.  We have many pension plans in the US that are drastically underfunded, because short term returns looked good enough to allow the plans to reduce deposits ... including most 401ks and IRAs.  SS and Medicare avoided those traps.  A quick overview of the alternatives shows how truly excellent these two programs really are.

So I paid plenty for the GIs and Silents.  I paid when it cost me much more than I could afford.  Now it's your turn.  Quit whining.
1 wasn't whining. Shame on you, you keep screwing up and approaching me as if I'm a kid or something.  I was trying to teach you some respect for those like me who are supporting you now. Like everything, obligations only extend so far and only last for so long.

Expecting welfare and entitlement recipients to have respect for taxpayers is like expecting slaveowners to have respect for their slaves.

What would "respect" actually look like in this case?

Messages In This Thread
RE: ACA Repeal/Replace: Progressives Face Moral Dilemma - by SomeGuy - 01-15-2017, 11:02 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Progressives worry about lobbying, corporate ties in Biden administration chairb 0 601 10-19-2021, 05:22 PM
Last Post: chairb
  The stench of moral decay, especially in politics, is creeping across America msel 35 9,350 03-02-2021, 07:18 PM
Last Post: newvoter
  World wonders if Trump is eroding US 'moral authority' nebraska 0 1,307 01-13-2018, 07:43 PM
Last Post: nebraska
  Handicapped parking cheats will face stiffer penalties in Mass. nebraska 0 1,055 12-30-2017, 08:15 PM
Last Post: nebraska