Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The failure of the Democratic Party
Quote: may be reading this into Mickey's post, but the thrust of arguments like this is that Trump moved in on policy territory abandoned by the Democrats. The fact is that the Democrats did not abandon the working class, and Trump is offering them false promises.

Opposition to NAFTA was largely a Democratic one for a while.  Come on, Eric, you're decrepit, surely you're old enough to remember Dick Gephardt, David Bonior?  Tongue
Quote:He's right that the Democrats must emphasize workers and economic issues, but NO shift is necessary. Only a better candidate on the stump than Trump. They should pay attention to my scoring system. I know, fat chance.

If that's what y'all are pinning your hopes...  Undecided
Quote:I doubt they are Democratic politicians saying such things.

DNC chair candidate: My Job is to Shut  White People Down.
Quote:That's what they are doing and saying. Do you remember the things Trump said, or not? Or Sessions? The attack on voting rights? Attacks on Planned Parenthood funding? Bans on other nations and religions entering the USA? And complaints like this here that somehow these issues are not important anymore?

I do remember those things, and I must have missed the bit where they stated that their policy was to enslave black people, put women back in the kitchen, and make Christianity the state religion.
So, no citations then.
Quote:His suggestion is incorrect. Hillary may be finished, but she can't be blamed for any erroneous Democratic Party policy strategy, assuming there was one. It can be said she was a weak candidate for various reasons.

Please show me in the OP where he blamed any of this on Hillary specifically?  Go ahead, I'll wait.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The failure of the Democratic Party - by SomeGuy - 02-04-2017, 04:19 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Forward Party (USA)? nguyenivy 11 1,875 09-03-2022, 02:28 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  Neither of the current major party candidates is the "Grey Champion". Einzige 50 38,616 11-21-2016, 09:32 AM
Last Post: 2Legit2Quit