Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is our 4T contest about? Can we see it differently?
(02-12-2017, 07:51 PM)Marypoza Wrote:
(02-12-2017, 06:40 PM)Eric the Green Wrote:
(02-11-2017, 10:27 PM)Marypoza Wrote:
(02-11-2017, 08:16 PM)Eric the Green Wrote:
(02-11-2017, 05:43 PM)Marypoza Wrote:
(02-11-2017, 03:29 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: What strange tripe? That we are all humans and all have basic rights and values? No, that's the truth. Humans are wired for truth, as well as for outdated social orders. We just need to pay attention. But I don't know why you are "ragging" on me with the rest of your paragraph; it should have been clear that I basically agree.

The antipode of globalism is economic nationalism EXCEPT that people latch xenophobia, racism and war onto "anti-globalism" and the conspiracy theories about the UN and the one world order. So, lets have the nationalism that makes sense, and the globalism that makes sense. That should be clear what I was saying, Mr. Rags,

Again, I don't know why this is so hard to understand. Why is that, Rags? I don't agree with wars of choice, generally. We can disagree with the policy of helping the Iraqis defeat the IS, with only US special forces and bombing. You can call that a war of choice. Yes, I am in favor of Obama's policy on that, and you are not. Fair enough.

But don't say I am defending a "war of choice" that doesn't exist, such as the USA fighting Assad. We are not, and those are two completely different wars. They are NOT the same war, although saying so fits in with Monster Assad's propaganda. I strongly dissent from not recognizing that other governments and tyrants cause wars and war crimes besides just the USA. The USA has done it (as in Iraq in 2003-08, and Vietnam in 1965-1973). But the USA is certainly not the only government or empire in the world that has committed war crimes. What Assad is doing is a new holocaust, and it's wrong to deny it, or to deny that the real Syrians rose up in revolution against tyranny, and are still fighting it. You are not interested in them. OK fine. But that's no excuse for making up stuff. Tulsi makes up stuff. Not good for a potential presidential candidate to do, and no better than Trump who does it.

That doesn't mean I advocate that the US declare war on Assad and send troops, or even bombing him. I don't. Ideally, but extremely unlikely, would be an alliance of the entire world against him, and then we could throw him out easily. That doesn't seem to be in the cards, so no, I don't want US troops in Syria fighting the Russians and Iranians.

Agreed, of course. And Trump wants to send troops to Mexico to make it an actual war of choice.

-- l thought he wants to build a wall

You guys really need to keep up on the news. Didn't you know he promised Mexico to send US troops there to help them with their drug war?

-- nope
Quote:& Tulsi does not make stuff up

Eric Wrote:sigh

Why don't you stop saying that to me? I have gone over and over that with you and Rags. She has made up a US war with Assad that does not exist, and blamed this non-existent war by the USA for millions of dead and displaced and tortured Syrians; a new holocaust. NO, the USA is NOT to blame for this horrific war crime. Assad is. But the USA is not fighting Assad anyway. Tulsi is a fantasy weaver, and I will never trust anything she says again. My opinion of her is about the same as your opinion of "that hildabitch."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/04/...-since-nu/

-- ok, yeah Assad's a pos, l get that & l don't recall Tulsi saying that he's not. What she did say is that you can't cut him out of any peace negotiations & she's right. This muthaf-ing pos thug's the Syrian head of state, you gotta deal with him. Otherwise the deal isn't legit. When she say we're @ war with Syria? The Telegraph doesn't say that

Eric Wrote:OK, that's better;

you can say "we have to deal with him," and people including the USA have been trying. It doesn't work, though. There is no solution to the Syria mess as long as he's in power. But the USA does not have the ability or willingness to depose him. And Trump is not likely to do anything about it either.

--believe it or not Eric, that's a good thing. Unless you like creating quagmires in thd MidEast.. or the world for that matter  

Eric Wrote:The USA has effectively turned the matter over to Turkey and Assad's allies now. It's up to them; the USA has failed. Whatever they decide will have to do for now. But Assad in power is not going to bring Syria back. His people have had it with him. They will fight him, or leave him.

--- whatever. It's their decision. Nor ours
It is, although the quagmire in Assad's Syria already exists, even though it's not ours.

What is truly cruel and tragic is Trump's approach to Syrian refugees.
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M

Messages In This Thread
RE: What is our 4T contest about? Can we see it differently? - by Eric the Green - 02-13-2017, 01:59 AM