Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What is our 4T contest about? Can we see it differently?
(03-02-2017, 08:57 PM)Eric the Green Wrote:
(03-02-2017, 08:49 PM)Ragnarök_62 Wrote:
(03-02-2017, 08:24 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: <snip>

The wall is nothing but a campaign slogan. More border enforcement is not needed; illegal immigration is not a problem now. Obama was doing an adequate job.

I would agree with your population prevention plan. Employers should not employ "cheap labor." There should be no such thing. All workers, illegal or not, should be paid a living wage. If we want to bring back jobs, then one thing that can be done is to tax goods at the border produced with cheap labor abroad. A reasonable tax negotiated, and not imposed out of anger. I doubt Trump can accomplish this.

The path to citizenship was fine as proposed. Blocking it was just more Republican crap. But, it looks like you'll get your way, at least partially.

1.  Even if the wall were a campaign slogan, I think it's a good idea, provided we as the beneficiaries there of pay for it unto ourselves. The sloganeering part, I think was the silly idea that Mexico should pay for it.

2. Uh, there is a WTO compliant border tax, it's call the VAT. You''re not proposing going against the WTO are you?

3. Yes, but the first the wall/other border security items/hope for war on drugs to be ceased/.   After that , start path of citizenship. 

1. We already have all the walls we need. The Trump Wall is a boondoggle. It was a campaign slogan in its entirety. I admit, "make Mexico pay for it" was a brilliant appeal to red-voter prejudice and anger. Trump is a marketing genius--- and the worst president we have ever had, already. But I'm sure he'll put his name on the Wall every 300 yards. In big gold letters.

By the way, the people near the would-be wall don't want it. It would infringe on their rights and their commerce and much else. Enforcement is going fine; I don't really want to tear down the wall we have just yet (despite my comment below which I actually wrote first).

2. The border tax is called a tariff; what's wrong with that label? It worked for 200 years.

3. Those who want to build the wall, also want the war on drugs, and to seize drugs at the border.

Who's against drugs? Remember this?

Quote:Neoliberalism, building the ultimate wall, brick by brick, one resentment at a time, man.  [Image: weed-2.gif]

Build bridges, not walls, man! Kudoes to Pope Francis Smile

I prefer "good fences make for good neighbors" <- common sense.  I want everyone's kids off my lawn!!!!

Yes, your usual politician is an idiot thingie.  War on drugs?  Seriously.  Stupid politicians,  drugs are inanimate substances or just assorted plants and odd toad.

We declare war on toads!  Toads are evil and give you warts and shit.  Go forth and slaughter all toads you see.

We declare war on meth,  OK meth, [img=1057x791]https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/9/90/Methamphetamine_molecule_from_xtal_ball.png/1280px-Methamphetamine_molecule_from_xtal_ball.png[/img]

Yes, there it is, meth, go kill it all now.  Every last molecule, go kill it now.

Uh, Trump, the US , I think has the best bud now, so we send weed to Mexico.  Yeah, and other drugs like mercury and arsenic your coal crap sends everyone around it.  How about those drugs?  Is OK for Big Coal to send those drugs out?
---Value Added Cool

Messages In This Thread
RE: What is our 4T contest about? Can we see it differently? - by Ragnarök_62 - 03-02-2017, 09:02 PM