Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Rise of the Weaponized AI Propaganda Machine
One would have to be a fascist to not think such a concept an abomination. It is not surprising that there are people sick enough to wear something so offensive. There are still Nazis and Stalinists. But that nobody seems to take offense. People seem to be smiling as they look at the oaf from the front side. I am reasonably certain that the front side does not have the image of a cuddly, adorable kitten.

That shirt with its slogan is obviously made in quantity.  I do not know how many Americans have a lynch-mob mentality, but there it is in a silk-screen message.

I could understand "terrorist", "tyrant", or "traitor".

No, I would not have a shirt that has image of the freshly-executed Ceausescu or Mussolini in juxtaposition to the words

Sic semper tyrannis!

(Thus ever unto tyrants!)

because it would be excessively graphic and inflammatory. I try to keep my posts family-friendly.

Our nation has scorpions in its soul. Expunging them, liberating ourselves from the ugliest features of American political culture, will itself be a great struggle. Let us all hope and pray (depending upon our sensibilities) that we Americans do this ourselves and do not need some victorious foreign powers expunging our demons as we Americans did in Germany, Italy, and Japan in the last Crisis war.
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Rise of the Weaponized AI Propaganda Machine - by pbrower2a - 02-22-2017, 09:26 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Authoritarianism on the Rise Eric the Green 17 4,844 06-30-2021, 12:53 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  The "Unnecessariat" and the rise of Trumpism. Odin 61 25,632 05-31-2019, 08:26 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  Rise Of Tribalism, Racism & Bigotry Most Associated With Which Turning & Why? TheNomad 38 16,186 05-15-2019, 01:52 AM
Last Post: Kinser79