Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Long term economic trends and what they imply
(03-03-2017, 07:23 PM)X_4AD_84 Wrote:
Rags Wrote:OK,  let's just kill off all H1-B visas.  I want total war on H1-B's.  Somebody, just fucking kill it off, it's a parasite and needs to die.  I don't fucking care if US tech suffers for this, because I WANT THEM TO SUFFER AND HAVE THEIR STOCKS CRASH.  I'd just love that. This is 'cause Rags has a vendetta on any company that hires H1-B's .  In fact, I don't care if they get destroyed by H1-B access denied.  Total war = ban and back to wherever they came from. Ship 'em out, deport now, one way trips back from whence they came. Angry

Wage - push inflation.  Odin, only fat cats get raises now, you know.  Jack the upper brackets up the fuck up.  That'll fix wage push inflation 'cause again, only fat cats have gotten real wage increases. We 99%'ers have have no such thing.

I can see stopping H1Bs for coders and various more common engineering disciplines.

However, there is still a need.

I hired people from other countries to do jobs they were the 1 in 1000 person for. These were global experts in their fields. The normal MO was, they came to school in the US. Then more school. These were people with an MS or PhD. They got a Practical Training Visa and started to build a career network. These were like super new grads. Maybe even 1 in 10000 or 1 in 100000. I'd rather have them working for me than a competitor, or even worse, an offshore competitor. Every one of them got a Green Card and then became a Citizen. I personally helped make America more great.

1. Well, I'd counter to say it appears the US  economy appears addicted to cheap imported labor, just like cheap imported oil. Here's what I'd do. After a short period of time, say 4 years since that's the amount of time to get a B.S. degree. I propose during that 4 year transition period, that H1-B's train their replacements. At year 0, all employers with H1-B's would assess what skills they'll need at the end of the 4 year period. Germany has a train for jobs program we can just copy. Since it's companies who are listing out the required skills, it will be up to a pool of job seekers + educational establishments to fill the future labor force needs in lieu of H1-B's.

2. So, for you, all you need to do is make an RFP for skills to the State of California employment bureau [or what it's called out there]. The California employment bureau would be charged with collecting employer RFP's for the purpose of training an all US citizen workforce to meet those needs. Each employer can avail themselves to hiring interns and offer jobs to said interns via contracts.  Like we'll pay your education expenses in exchange , you work for us for x number of years.

3. Offshore competition.  If I had my way, that won't be a problem.  Offshore stuff has to pay a VAT, then a displaced American worker tax, H1-B payroll tax which I'd jack up to be twice the SS/Medicare taxes we now have.  Essentially, if you don't want something, tax the hell out of it.

4. Why not let American citizens get that practical training education?
---Value Added Cool

Messages In This Thread