Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which founding father are you most like?
(03-08-2017, 02:01 PM)Kinser79 Wrote:
(03-08-2017, 12:57 PM)SomeGuy Wrote: Yeah, I am strongly considering taking another extended "break", once I wrap up a couple of conversations.  There is little intelligent conversation taking place here.

There's been a severe degradation of the conversation level since the old forum was taken down.  The Regeneracy hasn't helped either.  I think a lot of people here were expecting something other than what happened.

It's not a regeneracy if a majority rejects it. The rise of Donald Trump would be a regeneracy if we had Americans giving more than reigned acceptance. "Wait 'til 2018" and "Wait 'til 2020" are not expressions of a Regeneracy. The next President (unless Mike Pence through the death, resignation, or disability of Trump) will bring about the Regeneracy. A Regeneracy might exist even if it is evil, as with Hitler.

Quote:Mostly what I see here is the same old Boomers beating their same old dead horses.  I'm not surprised really about that though.  I think with a few exceptions they haven't had an original thought in their head since they burned out their last brain cell in the 70s.

Boomers are not the majority on this Forum.  Does the AARP have Forums?

Quote:The remaining Xers are all fairly intelligent hence why I periodically check in.  Also I'm interested in the development of Generation Z (for lack of a better term, since I never liked Homelander).  It seems that they are socially libertarian and fiscally conservative.

As a True Believer, Viktor Ippolitovich Komarovsky, you aren't the sort that Adaptive/Artist/New Silent will like.

Quote:And I even have some hope for the Millies here.  They will either recognize that identity politics applies to everyone or no one.

"I am white" is the least-valid manifestation of identity politics in America. There are plenty of white losers, and voting for Donald Trump shows them as such. Middle-class blacks generally seek to elevate poor blacks, and middle-class Hispanics seek to elevate poor Hispanics.  Middle-class white people generally do little for poor whites.

Quote: If it is the later the oppression Olympics become total bullshit (which they always were), if the former then space must be made for white identitarian and straight identitarian politics.

Let's all work to end oppression of any kind, including the genuine oppression (some of it self-inflicted) of poor white people whom our system has served badly. Some of the poorest communities in America are lily-white. Middle-class blacks, Hispanics, and Asians are not oppressed people in America.
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Which founding father are you most like? - by pbrower2a - 04-28-2017, 10:29 AM