Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Which founding father are you most like?
Quote: Some values deserve to be locked. Some values deserve to be locked up.

This statement, PBR, is only evidence of your crypto-fascism, or is it crypto-communism.  Doesn't matter, it is anti-Americanism and that is all that matters.  All ideas deserve the light of day.  After all sunshine is the best disinectant and what not. 

If the end goal is to not make Trumpism appealing then the best course of action is to allow it to run its course.  If it is as stupid/repugnant/ect as you say it is, it will be rejected.

Quote:Boomers have not been particularly creative (where is our Walt Whitman or Jean Sibelius?)

As you know I subscribe to a mega-saeculum theory.  It is my postulation that Boomers are a Mega-Nomad Prophet generation.  That being said, I wouldn't call boomers un-creative.  They have certainly been creative in how they've repackaged loads of old (and arguably bad) ideas for a more current context.  Just look at our resident astrologer and other new age types. 

Quote:maybe the next Idealist generation will be

Again, back to Mega-Saeculum theory, I would propose that the next prophet generation would likely express their creativity in the political arena.  They will be Mega-Civic Prophets.  Much like the Awakeners.  There may or may not be new forms of art, music and philosophy, but by and large their production will be political.  It will have to be.

Quote:They will want a world better for their kids than the one that they knew themselves.

That rings true of all generations.  The question really is what will the Millies create during the upcoming 1T. If the 4T ends in defeat or massive destruction, the 1T will be austere and that assumes that the nation survives (see the Post-ACW South, Post WW2 UK, Japan, Germany).  If the 4T ends in triumph then the empire will have at least one more saeculum of life in it.

Either way it is the outcome of the 4T which will create the 1T conditions which in turn will inform the world view of the coming prophets.  Given the paralles between the Glorious and the Millies, I suspect we'll be seeing an advancement, civicly oriented, prophet generation.

Quote:...and I expect to see multitudes complaining that Donald Trump's conveniently-ambiguous slogan "Make America Great Again"  really means "Make America Great Again, but only for elites.

A rising tide raises all the boats.  Some boats are bigger than other boats.  We shall see.  From where I sit main street is doing well even if we expect reality to smack wall street upside the head soon.  But then again there is a difference between the real economy and wall street.

Quote:
One talks first to sort things out, and not simply to announce how wonderful one is. Donald Trump is the shallowest person to be President since at least Warren G. Harding.

So what.  The American people elect presidents to get things done.  If he gets most of his agenda done, despite the machinations of Capitol Hill, he will be re-elected.  If he doesn't he won't be, unless the Democrats don't pull their heads out of their collective asses.  Since I don't foresee the latter happening (due to historical patterns I've mentioned before) I expect him to have a full 8 years unless he is assassinated. 

I didn't vote for Bill Clinton because he was a saint.  I didn't vote for Al "I invented the internet" Gore because I thought he was honest.  And I didn't vote for Obama twice because I thought he was a peace maker.  I likewise didn't vote for Donald Trump for his depth of character.

If you care to know my past votes for president:

1996 Bill Clinton
2000 Al Gore
2004 George W. Bush (Kerry rubbed me the wrong way)
2008 Obama (mostly because Sarah Palin is stupid and a 70 y/o's heart beat away from the presidency)
2012 Obama (Because Romney was a garbage candidate)
2016 Trump (Because Never Hillary--seriously I hated her since the 1990s)

And for lesser elections I almost always split my ticket though I've in the past trended towards Democrats, but lately I'm trending more Republican.  Mostly the Dems left me, not the other way round.

Quote:Stalin achieved a great industrialization with a climate of dehumanizing fear. The Hitler gang was successful in reshaping German culture. And lets not forget that the great expansion of American economic life from the Tidewater region to Texas might have been impossible without chattel slavery. Sometimes the means discredit the objectives.

I disagree.  Without Stalin dragging the Russians kicking and screaming into the 20th century there would have been no stopping Hitler.  Hitler himself even with his gang didn't really change German culture, rather they exploited what was already there.

As to Chattel Slavery, it was a necessary evil.  I hold no animosity about it.  Considering my nearest enslaved relative is a great-great grandparent, as far as I'm concerned the issue was dead and buried before my grandparents were even born.  I don't think a discussion of slavery is relevant to this thread either.

Quote:Democracy exists to ensure that people can contemplate the consequences of the means.

The US is not, and never has been a democracy.  We are a Federal Constitutional Republic.  With luck it will remain that way, because democracies always devolve into tyrannies of the majority.

Quote:Yes, I am a bigot

Thank you for finally admitting it.

Quote:You may not know it, but Michigan has one of the biggest wine industries in America.

I'm aware of Michigan's wine production, as well as its other agricultural and resource industries.  The goal should be to strengthen all our industries.  We can do this by several means.

1.  Fixing the Trade (a key plank in the Trump Agenda)

2.  Energy Independence (this means fracking and mining coal as well as working up renewable--I'm not going to go into how the problem is base load power for the 629846951981th time)

3.  Maintaining wages at a level that allows people to actually make a living.  The best method is by restricting labor supply, and the best method to do that is by restricting immigration.  It is only after ensuring a livelihood for all Americans that we can even consider inviting guests--IE. immigrants and/or migrants and/or refugees--to sit at the table.  That livelihood ideally is provided by those Americans doing socially constructive work (I really don't care if it is in the private for profit sector, the public sector or the non-profit sector).

4. When engaging in public spending making a conscious effort to buy American producion over any foreign production.

Ideally the US can and should establish itself as an autarky, because any state that finds itself beholden to international trade, particularly for a vital resource or other commodity is subject at any time to be cut off.

Quote:"Acting white?"

Yes, acting white.  Like I said, a black man is said to be "acting white" when he holds down a job (IE is "working for da man"), speaks English correctly (IE doesn't speak like an ignorant hood rat), and isn't a totally irresponsible parent (the old "I takes care of my kids" humble brag--see Chris Rock's statements on that matter).  I do not expect you to understand this phenomenon being white--it is something I've only ever seen committed by blacks to other blacks.

The problem is that there is now, and has been for a long time a civil war going on amongst black people.  I've posted Chris Rock's stand up routine about this phonominon many times.  Yes, he's cracking jokes, and yes it is funny, but it is only funny if you understand where it is coming from.  Perhaps why my white husband and son don't really get it.

Quote:Undiagnosed Asperger's.

So have you ever had an actual work up on that?  I mean Odin comes in and claims to be an autist and it is believable he had more than a 15 minute conversation with a social worker (and they would likely diagnose everything as a spectrum disorder--even if you came in with a broken leg and the bone was obviously showing through your skin).  My understanding is they tested him for hours and hours. 

To be perfectly honest, I don't believe you have Asperger's.  For two reasons really:  1st it isn't a recognized condition (see DSM-V).  2nd you've not gone (to my knowledge) and had an actual psychological evaluation to determine if you even have a spectrum disorder--let alone one that was removed from the DSM.   I do note that the line about Asperger's appeared conveniently after your father's death. 

Try your excuses on someone else PBR, I'm not buying them.  I doubt any Xer, Millie (who isn't an autist), or Zed here is going to either.

Quote:And the glories of exploitation of the working class by employers who see workers as livestock to be exploited or vermin to be crushed leads to... as a former Marxist you should know where that leads

Many current Marxists supported him on the basis of acceleration-ism.  I myself, didn't.  If the trade is fixed first, and labor supply restricted second, then the bourgeoisie has an interest in treating the proletarians they hire well.  It would be in their self-interest in doing so when labor supply is restricted.  One of the main reasons why Trump gets a lot of flack from his right, it isn't the love of brown and black people, it is is the love of cheap and easily exploitable foreign labor.

That you cannot see this truth is not surprising to me.  It requires a depth of economic analysis that you have always lacked, and one I actually developed as a Marxist-Leninist.  Though I would say that I've largely disposed of Marxism, it was severely flawed sociology, and worse economics.

Quote:At least I didn't brag about going to Vegas or Reno.

There's nothing wrong with either.  Though myself, if I want to gamble, I find the Seminole Reservation both closer and more to my tastes.  Also I can buy extremely cheap e-liquids there.  But no, Vagas and Reno would not be your scene.  I do miss going on regular trips to Atlantic City, like I did when I lived in the North East when I was in the Navy.  The boardwalk is actually pretty fun.

Quote: By the way -- have you ever seen a total eclipse of the sun? How do you know how dogs would act in the presence of one?

Twice, though both times was due to luck.  1994 there was a total eclipse of the sun over south western Indiana, south-eastern Illinois.  It occurred while I was out working in the yard and from all appearances my Siberian husky didn't even notice it.  He made no outward motion or indication of recognizing it was even occurring unless you count rubbing himself against a fence post to rid himself of winter coat as unusual behavior for early March.

It happened again while I was out with my Chihuahua in 2007 down here in Florida.  He mostly stayed in his spot and waited for it to get sunny again.  That particular dog likes to sun himself--I believe he has a tendency to get cold when the air conditioning is running (which is 9 months out of the year in Florida).

Quote:Once America rejects Donald Trump and government by lobbyist you will be right.

I would argue that most American already have rejected government by lobbyist.  Trump was the start of it because we know Hillary wasn't going to do anything about it.  She and the rest of the political establishment was, is and are part of the problem.  I think you just have a problem with Daddy because he isn't a member of your chosen team.
It really is all mathematics.

Turn on to Daddy, Tune in to Nationalism, Drop out of UN/NATO/WTO/TPP/NAFTA/CAFTA Globalism.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Which founding father are you most like? - by Kinser79 - 07-24-2017, 12:50 PM