Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trump brought the Regeneracy, just not in the way he expected.
Quote:Detail: I was diagnosed in less than thirty minutes... for Asperger's.

That's not a real diagnosis.  I got one of those, too, from the psychiatrist at the VA ER room (first step in the admission process).  I spoke to a "real" psychiatrist later and she said that that was ridiculous.
I would be skeptical of that diagnosis.  Not saying it isn't real, but I would take it with a grain of salt, maybe go and get a second opinion.

Quote:Detail: I was convinced that the depression that I had was a consequence of Asperger's and then current-realities in my life (caretaker for a father with senile dementia)

Convinced by whom?

Quote:Detail: I showed myself very self-righteous about drugs and alcoholism.

Really?  You're trying to check yourself in for personal problems and you're ready to cast stones at everyone else in there?

Quote:Detail: I was referred to counseling because I would have been a bad match for the residential setting in which most people are there for drugs and alcohol.

How is that coming along?  What did the staff say?

Quote:Detail: I left with an unused change of clothes and my razor and toothbrush were not used there. The staff might have liked me, but the dopers and boozers would have hated me. I might have had my car trashed.

"Dopers" and "boozers"?  Are you telling me you simply couldn't manage to get along with other people seeking treatment, and that of course this is their fault?  Are you certain that smug self-righteousness is really the right attitude to take when seeking help?

Messages In This Thread
RE: Trump brought the Regeneracy, just not in the way he expected. - by SomeGuy - 03-14-2017, 12:50 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Trump's real German analog Donald Trump takes office on Friday, and the world hol pbrower2a 2 2,920 02-09-2017, 05:52 PM
Last Post: freivolk