Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Malaise Speech for the Current Time
Rags, I'm not going to quote your post because I can address you point by point.

1-3. We agree on all of them.  I not only want a wall on the Southern Boarder but after that one is built I want one on the northern boarder too.  I'm tired of seeing pasty Frogs on my beach in the winter time when my kid and I are trying to surf.  Oh and you don't speak their heathen language they get upset with you never mind that they are in an English speaking country.

Don't get me wrong I don't mind the English speaking Canadians but the French ones are like France took a giant dump in Montreal and disposed of their worst elements there--oh wait they did that was the French method of colonization.

4.  Yemen and Syria were inherited problems.

5.  The late heath care bill was Paul Ryan's baby.  I'm convinced that so much pressure was put on the House to pass it knowing that the Freedom Caucus would buck.  And they did.  If a health care insurance bill is needed I say we let Rand Paul take the reigns here, take our time, and do it right.

6.  I don't favor a vat tax, but if we are talking about replacing income taxes with vat taxes that may be more acceptable.  Ideally I want to shrink the size of the federal government to the point it can be run on Tariffs alone--states of course can do as they like.  Federalism:  it works.

7.  I don't know about that.  I'm not into sport myself unless you count soccer.  I also surf and watch nascar. 

8.  I've not liked her since 1992.  Back in 2008 I said she wouldn't be president, Xers have long memories and we're taking over everywhere as Silents die and Boomers age out.  Good thing though is I don't expect her to last to 2020 so I think we can put her ever running again to bed.

9.  Kicking the oil habit is difficult to do unless you want to go back to horses and buggies and not having things that are made out of plastic--and lots of things are made from plastics.  And that doesn't even get into food production.  Rather I think we should ramp up fracking and exploitation of our own resources first and cut off the source of the Islamist income.  If we need to import oil, Venezuela could be brought to heel and Canada and Russia would like to do business. 

10.  The MSM is what I often call the Lugenpresse.  It is unfortunate that English doesn't have a nice word for "liar press".  As for Hollyweird....I'd feel sorry for the 8.0 earthquake.

11.  In general I agree.  However, insurance is useful for certain things.  Is it useful for things that are not expensive? No.  Is it useful for things that are expensive but happen on a regular basis so you can plan for them?  No.  Insurance is useful for expensive things that can happen randomly.

For example you shouldn't need insurance to buy a bottle of aspirin.  And having insurance to put a new roof on your house (something that should be done every 15-25 years) is kinda pointless.  But having insurance to cover something you can't plan for but might happen is very useful.  For example having insurance to replace your roof should a category 3 (or more powerful) hurricane comes through your town and rips off you brand new roof.

(Note as someone whose lived in FL a long time I don't run from hurricanes unless they are at least Cat 3.  Anything less than that isn't going to do enough damage to leave once the house has been properly boarded--yard squared away and drainage attended too.  We have state level building codes to address the periodic natural disasters that happen down here--we can't plan for them but we do know one will happen eventually.)

As for the system being voluntary, my "buy your own damn insurance" is completely voluntary.  If someone doesn't think that they need or want insurance and that expensive un-plan-able thing happens then fuck them.  Hopefully before they breed.  Trying to coddle the very lowest elements of society is inherently dysgenic.
It really is all mathematics.

Turn on to Daddy, Tune in to Nationalism, Drop out of UN/NATO/WTO/TPP/NAFTA/CAFTA Globalism.

Messages In This Thread
RE: A Malaise Speech for the Current Time - by Kinser79 - 04-06-2017, 08:52 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ken Burns, commencement speech. Stanford University, 2016. pbrower2a 4 4,205 06-11-2022, 01:09 PM
Last Post: Eric the Green