Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Article: The Ghosts of ’68 Haunt the Election of 2016
(05-17-2016, 04:01 AM)taramarie Wrote:
(05-17-2016, 03:30 AM)Galen Wrote:
(05-14-2016, 04:34 PM)Kinser79 Wrote: Now as to the mirror of 2T in the 4T what we will see is the total backlash against all those institutions and political positions that arose out of the 2T.  We will see the implementation of New Federalism, the death of the Regessive Left, and a realignment on libertarian vs authoritarian lines in the Party.  I can assure you that the Democrats will not be the party of the cultural libertarians.

Not merely the Republican Party but rather the US as a whole.  I suspect that the only thing holding the institutions of the second turning together are the Boomers and they won't last forever.  Seeing the Lost go was a tragedy. The passing of the Boomers not so much.

Ouch. Even i felt that sting and i am not a boomer. My mother is one however, so despite knowing your reasons why you said that, it is still cold. Especially to lump them all as the enemy.

So is mine and like most Boomers, what ever her other virtues may be, clear thinking is not one of them.  The reality is optional attitude that is so typical of them caused me more than a few problems down through the years.

You might understand my reasons but its not the same as living through a half century of watching an entire generation of so-called adults lay waste to everything and knowing that you have to deal with the consequences.  Having the Boomers loose the demographic death grip they have held on this country is something to look forward to.  Trust me, they have never been very happy about the existence of Generation X.
Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard. -- H.L. Mencken

If one rejects laissez faire on account of man's fallibility and moral weakness, one must for the same reason also reject every kind of government action.   -- Ludwig von Mises

Messages In This Thread

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Presidential Election Predictive Cycle jleagans 1 1,695 08-17-2020, 06:36 PM
Last Post: jleagans
  Grey Champions and the Election of 2016 Kinser79 154 124,356 02-22-2017, 10:05 AM
Last Post: SomeGuy
  This may be the last presidential election dominated by Boomers and prior generations Dan '82 2 3,528 09-05-2016, 09:48 PM
Last Post: Warren Dew
  Being "Wide Awake" in 1856, getting "Woke" in 2016 Odin 0 2,509 09-02-2016, 04:36 PM
Last Post: Odin