Poll: Is Donald Trump the GC? And how does this effect your vote?
Yes, he is the GC, and I'm voting for him.
No he is not the GC, but I'm voting for him.
Yes he is the GC but I'm voting Democrat.
No he is not the GC but I'm voting Democrat.
Yes, he is the GC, but I'm voting Third Party
No, he is not the GC, but I'm voting Third Party
Yes, he is the GC but I'm not voting
No he is not the GC but I'm not voting
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grey Champions and the Election of 2016
(05-07-2016, 12:54 AM)pbrower2a Wrote: The problems with Donald Trump as a potential Grey Champion

1. He's likely to lose  more of the usual Republican voters than gain new ones. Whether those traditional Republican voters vote for a Third Party nominee or vote for Hillary Clinton as a seemingly-safe alternative implies that he will not get the chance to be a Grey Champion.

Strange, winning so many states, such as winning Connecticut and Alabama (which almost never happens in GOP primaries) would indicate that he has some chance of being president.

Quote:2. The mainstream media dislike him. The fellow has made enemies at FoX Propaganda Channel.

Where in S&H did they say that the GC had to be liked by the Press of the day, or for that matter even be taken seriously?  Given Hawthorn's description of the GC from which the concept is derived, it isn't whether the GC is popular, or even listened to, it is that he harkens back to some older wisdom that has since been forgotten, remembered only by an "impossibly old" person.

Quote:3. He may be off the wall in his political pronouncements, but nothing indicates that he is anything other than a rapacious plutocrat with a bloated ego. He may be all over the board making promises that contradict each other, but I expect him to choose to honor his own class before he does anything for the working classes.

Odd the last GC we had, FDR was a Patrician.  People can indeed be class traitors.  I don't think Trump has any loyalty to his class, if he did he wouldn't be as hated by the Establishment as he is...because he'd be one of them.

Quote:4. We had our analogue to Andrew Jackson... in Ronald Reagan for changing the style of the Presidency for the time until the Crisis Era. Both Bushes, Clinton, and Obama operate in the shadow of Ronald Reagan, the most transformative President since FDR.

You misunderstand what I mean by being of the Jacksonian tradition.  What I mean is that he is, or at least appears to be, one of the common people--the great democrat as it were.  If you've not forgotten your history you'd know that Jackson scandalized Washington by having common working people at the inaugural balls and acted on his most well behaved days like a Western (yes Tennessee was the west in those days) Planter, and on his worst like an uncouth hick.

Ronald Reagan was a smooth talking actor who looked good on TV, he was transformative in style, but not so much in substance as the moves he made were preceeded by similar moves by the conservative Democrat Jimmy Carter.

Quote:5. Donald Trump appeals most strongly to a shrinking demographic: straight, Anglo, under-educated, white, rural Christians.

He also appeals to other whites, females (his unfavorables are lower than Hillary's believe it or not), and those groups that do not typically vote republican in the open primary states have broken for him in record numbers.

Quote:6. He is the most blatantly anti-feminist candidate for the Presidential nomination of the two main Parties or of anyone who has had a chance to put a strong showing on a Third-Party or Independent run since... you tell me. I remember when feminism was a weak presence in American life.

Saying he is anti-feminist is essentially the same as saying he is anti-sexist since feminism these days is little more than a lesbianic cult of blue haired, disgusting trolls who want to complain about men spreading their legs to accommodate their genitalia.  I'm also going to assume that Daddy is anti-cancer and anti-raw sewage being pumped into his back yard.

If we condsider that the problems arising out of 2Ts lead to those solved in 4Ts then I expect a backlash against much of the insanity foisted upon the US in the name of political correctness, sensitivity and other forms of cultish SJW mumbo-jumbo.

Quote:He has taken pointless jabs at Carly Fiorina and Megyn Kelly. I've heard his type, the sort who alternates between possessive sentimentality (as in buying the biggest and most expensive card and big flower arrangements for his wife and his mother for Mother's Day) and taking verbal swats at "bi***es". (I have called someone a bitch, but she barks and had potential at one time to bear puppies).  Some women fall for men like that. Most women despise that.

Translation:  Trump apparently loves the women in his family, but doesn't care much for female political opponents or MSM News Models who try to score empty points.  Got it.

Quote:7. He has violated a taboo unlikely to be undone in America fast enough -- the taboo against political violence. Do you excuse his staffers beating up hecklers? Do you excuse him for promoting violence against opponents?

All indications show that the violence was initiated by the black lives matters people, which is not surprising since it is a black supremacist organization the leader of which is on public record as saying he wants to kill all white people.  As someone who has a white boyfriend and son that is my boyfriend and kid that asshole is talking about wanting to kill.  Needless to say my opinion of that group is negative.

Quote:He loses this time.

I highly doubt that.  Apart from losing to an incumbent president no person who has lost the primaries has been later elected president.
It really is all mathematics.

Turn on to Daddy, Tune in to Nationalism, Drop out of UN/NATO/WTO/TPP/NAFTA/CAFTA Globalism.

Messages In This Thread
What is a Grey Champion? - by Bob Butler 54 - 05-05-2016, 07:50 AM
RE: Grey Champions and the Election of 2016 - by Kinser79 - 05-07-2016, 04:48 AM
A Test of Theory - by Mikebert - 08-13-2016, 08:45 AM
RE: A Test of Theory - by Ragnarök_62 - 08-13-2016, 04:43 PM
RE: A Test of Theory - by Mikebert - 08-14-2016, 09:10 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Presidential Election Predictive Cycle jleagans 1 1,687 08-17-2020, 06:36 PM
Last Post: jleagans
  Neither of the current major party candidates is the "Grey Champion". Einzige 50 38,733 11-21-2016, 09:32 AM
Last Post: 2Legit2Quit
  This may be the last presidential election dominated by Boomers and prior generations Dan '82 2 3,528 09-05-2016, 09:48 PM
Last Post: Warren Dew
  Being "Wide Awake" in 1856, getting "Woke" in 2016 Odin 0 2,506 09-02-2016, 04:36 PM
Last Post: Odin
  Article: The Ghosts of ’68 Haunt the Election of 2016 Odin 22 23,606 07-18-2016, 06:04 PM
Last Post: Anthony '58