Poll: Is Donald Trump the GC? And how does this effect your vote?
Yes, he is the GC, and I'm voting for him.
No he is not the GC, but I'm voting for him.
Yes he is the GC but I'm voting Democrat.
No he is not the GC but I'm voting Democrat.
Yes, he is the GC, but I'm voting Third Party
No, he is not the GC, but I'm voting Third Party
Yes, he is the GC but I'm not voting
No he is not the GC but I'm not voting
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grey Champions and the Election of 2016
(11-11-2016, 11:52 PM)Warren Dew Wrote: Names, please.

Names of what? I'm not compiling any execution list. Violent revolutions do that with little help from people like me. Many of those executed have no clue that they will go to the guillotine because they are often so full of themselves that their exploitation is so wonderful that it could never be challenged.

...Should the system be 'repealed and replaced', then what was done at the end of the Soviet Union would be appropriate: close the legislative bodies and pension off the politicians by paying their remaining salaries. That is one of the more humane solutions available should it eventually be necessary to alter or abolish a system that has gone very bad very fast.

The problem is that ruthless people have gamed our once-democratic system to establish irresponsible power outside the formal system. That must come to an end if we Americans are to get a "new birth of freedom".

Liberty and responsible government? That is all that I want and expect once Donald T4rump starts acting irresponsibly as I am sure that he will.

We would now be better off with a parliamentary system with votes of no confidence that would stop a President from going bad very fast and getting away with it as I expect of a sociopath, demagogue, and kleptocrat who is the next President. We need a divide between a ceremonial President and a real Prime Minister.

The Founding Fathers so despised the corrupt British Parliament that they would never think of a parliamentary system. The British solved that problem with reforms that weeded out the infamous "rotten boroughs"so that representation fits a meaningful geography.

The problem with our legislative branch is that the lobbyists and front groups control the legislators and the People don't. But that has been a problem before Donald Trump.
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

Messages In This Thread
What is a Grey Champion? - by Bob Butler 54 - 05-05-2016, 07:50 AM
A Test of Theory - by Mikebert - 08-13-2016, 08:45 AM
RE: A Test of Theory - by Ragnarök_62 - 08-13-2016, 04:43 PM
RE: A Test of Theory - by Mikebert - 08-14-2016, 09:10 AM
RE: Grey Champions and the Election of 2016 - by pbrower2a - 11-12-2016, 12:34 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Presidential Election Predictive Cycle jleagans 1 1,686 08-17-2020, 06:36 PM
Last Post: jleagans
  Neither of the current major party candidates is the "Grey Champion". Einzige 50 38,715 11-21-2016, 09:32 AM
Last Post: 2Legit2Quit
  This may be the last presidential election dominated by Boomers and prior generations Dan '82 2 3,527 09-05-2016, 09:48 PM
Last Post: Warren Dew
  Being "Wide Awake" in 1856, getting "Woke" in 2016 Odin 0 2,506 09-02-2016, 04:36 PM
Last Post: Odin
  Article: The Ghosts of ’68 Haunt the Election of 2016 Odin 22 23,587 07-18-2016, 06:04 PM
Last Post: Anthony '58