Poll: Is Donald Trump the GC? And how does this effect your vote?
Yes, he is the GC, and I'm voting for him.
No he is not the GC, but I'm voting for him.
Yes he is the GC but I'm voting Democrat.
No he is not the GC but I'm voting Democrat.
Yes, he is the GC, but I'm voting Third Party
No, he is not the GC, but I'm voting Third Party
Yes, he is the GC but I'm not voting
No he is not the GC but I'm not voting
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grey Champions and the Election of 2016
(11-17-2016, 10:00 PM)X_4AD_84 Wrote:
(11-17-2016, 08:22 PM)pbrower2a Wrote:
(11-14-2016, 12:03 PM)X_4AD_84 Wrote:
(11-11-2016, 04:18 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: Mikebert gets it a little wrong, assuming again that a 4T is supposed to work out well, and a new consciousness is put into practice in the 4T. That is how it works if a 4T is successful. But we have decided at least for now to make it unsuccessful. Trump's election guarantees that. The "new consciousness" was split, and the faction coming into charge now (again) is represented by Ronald Reagan's speech for Goldwater in 1964. So, there's a fight between all the factions aroused since the 2T. Who wins is not clear at this point. But it certainly fits the definition of a crisis, for sure. Strauss and Howe are vindicated to that extent. The battle is on, and both astrology and the double rhythm seaculum theory confirm that this is Civil War II. We're on our way.

Just as you guys said, the danger of more economic collapse has been heightened. That's a crisis. I give you credit; my optimism may have been wrong. A regeneracy does not have to look like it did in 1933. It may look like it did in 1861, after more than a decade of trouble and evasion. And if we are declining, as almost everybody here but me has been saying up until now, then the regeneracy does not have to be progressive or positive at all. It could well be 1933, but 1933 in Nazi Germany. Make American Great Again! Down we go.

The Boomers are going to be in their 70s or above in the 2020s. It's hard to believe. Some of us will still be around, and it only takes one to emerge to keep the GC myth alive. It doesn't have to come from the up and coming ones either. But who knows. What seems sure is that the fights and ideas surrounding the 2T are not only still around, they have been heightened. The social justice issues are back and the maligned SJWs are now out in force, as politically correct as ever. The environment will be under assault as never before, and the issues of war and peace are front and center. Poverty is increasing as the oligarchy reigns. All the issues of the 2T remain unresolved. The fight is on. So it doesn't matter if the boomers are leading the battles or not. The issues remain the same. The attacks and defenses between Amerikkka and its protesters is the same game as in 1968. And the same materialism, lack of sensitivity, lack of spirituality is behind it all; the root of Amerikkka's sickness. So Pepperland is still at issue too, whether the original Pepperlanders are still around or not. Just as the original Reaganoids are not around now, but his ideology still predominates. The mistakes of our neglect will force some people to look anew at the materialist wasteland in all its aspects. I may be wrong, but severe sickness demands a cure, and some people will look for it. And it's been put out there for anyone who looks. The issues are still the issues, and Trump has brought them all back for the 4T's duration.

Just like the 3T went on, and on, and on, it looks like the 4T will as well.

Although there is now a leveling off, longevity went way up between the end of WW2 and just a few years ago. Boomers ain't riding off into the sunset yet. There are still many opportunities for Gray Champions or collections of people who fill that role. This is especially true for Disco Boomers.

The last Boomers turn 70 in 2030. It could take that long.

...As shown in the Confederacy, Germany, and Japan a 4T can go catastrophically badly with ruin of the economy, complete dissolution of the political order, and even loss of independence. And don't let me get into a discussion of Russia from the Bolshevik Revolution to the end of the Great Patriotic War or China in the Pacific War and the Communist Revolution. Sure, that can't happen to America, can it?

Wrong! Several countries have nuclear weapons and ICBMs. The only safe places in America in the event of a nuclear exchange will be places of neither military not economic significance. Political leadership in some other country will not allow their people to be turned into serfs or slaves. How many American losses can one expect in World War III?

During World War II, political polarization all but disappeared. If political polarization should disappear during the next four years in America it will be most likely because one side crushes any organized opposition.

So far I see no tendency toward conciliation by Donald Trump except to tell Democrats to support his authoritarian nightmare so that they can have some say on small things such as the routing of a highway.  I doubt that Americans are going to take a dictatorial President and a stooge Congress lying down. We already have many protests and demonstrations. Just because one has a shaky mandate (winning the electoral vote but not the popular vote) does not mean that one has a mandate for tyranny.

If one dislikes Donald Trump and his policies, then we have a model to emulate -- the heroic struggle for African-American civil rights. All 50 states this time.

And we have the 2nd Amendment. Mark these words, the "cosmopolitan" factions of the Left will come to love the 2nd Amendment. Those of us who are stocking up on weapons and ammo would gladly share with any who are motivated, if something like a Quisling scenario were to arise. There would be no political litmus test, as some things "trump" polity.

The scenario I see, is if CA's sane laws are over-ruled by Trump, and CA resists, and Trump tries to enforce his and his congress' edicts, and CA refuses, and then Trump invades, then CA will need to resist as a state, organize an army, defend our borders from the invader. We'll need an entire army, and maybe get some WMDs from North Korea or somewhere, anywhere....
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M

Messages In This Thread
What is a Grey Champion? - by Bob Butler 54 - 05-05-2016, 07:50 AM
A Test of Theory - by Mikebert - 08-13-2016, 08:45 AM
RE: A Test of Theory - by Ragnarök_62 - 08-13-2016, 04:43 PM
RE: A Test of Theory - by Mikebert - 08-14-2016, 09:10 AM
RE: Grey Champions and the Election of 2016 - by Eric the Green - 11-18-2016, 02:02 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Presidential Election Predictive Cycle jleagans 1 1,686 08-17-2020, 06:36 PM
Last Post: jleagans
  Neither of the current major party candidates is the "Grey Champion". Einzige 50 38,731 11-21-2016, 09:32 AM
Last Post: 2Legit2Quit
  This may be the last presidential election dominated by Boomers and prior generations Dan '82 2 3,528 09-05-2016, 09:48 PM
Last Post: Warren Dew
  Being "Wide Awake" in 1856, getting "Woke" in 2016 Odin 0 2,506 09-02-2016, 04:36 PM
Last Post: Odin
  Article: The Ghosts of ’68 Haunt the Election of 2016 Odin 22 23,601 07-18-2016, 06:04 PM
Last Post: Anthony '58