Poll: Is Donald Trump the GC? And how does this effect your vote?
Yes, he is the GC, and I'm voting for him.
No he is not the GC, but I'm voting for him.
Yes he is the GC but I'm voting Democrat.
No he is not the GC but I'm voting Democrat.
Yes, he is the GC, but I'm voting Third Party
No, he is not the GC, but I'm voting Third Party
Yes, he is the GC but I'm not voting
No he is not the GC but I'm not voting
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grey Champions and the Election of 2016
(11-20-2016, 10:01 PM)2Legit2Quit Wrote: Hi everyone, I'm new here. 

I read the book back when it came out, and came back to the theory recently with the American election. 

I've enjoyed catching up on all these great threads, but I can't help notice how partisan many of them seem to be. I prefer to take a big picture view. 

I could see Trump as the GC, but we'll have to wait for things to shake out. 

We had Trump, Bernie and Clinton, all candidates for the GC moniker. Bernie is still a player FWIW and could save the Dem party from what looks like certain death. 

I think fear of Trump is exaggerated, and fear of Clinton underestimated. 

In any case, there was no good choice and both paths lead to increased division. 

I see the 2T issues roaring back in this 4T. Half the boomers didn't buy into the peace-love thing. And the ones that did weren't grounded in reality. 

We will need a resolution of this culture war, and I hope it is through working together with mutual respect. 

I see this coming through the progressive Dems working together with elements on the right to reshape the two parties and ignore the bigoted, angry and divisive rhetoric from both establishments.

Welcome to the fray. Yes, I don't know if the people here are "partisan," but certainly opinionated, sometimes extreme and rather stuck. There may be some lurking readers who are less so.

We don't really know how much our fear of Trump is exaggerated, but the basis for such fear is very substantial, both before and since the election. The swing state, rust-belt voters simply ignored his total lack of qualifications and his right-wing passions. Now he has appointed noone but racist hotheads so far. It is certainly the fear of Hillary Clinton that was exaggerated out of all reasonable proportion, to the point where these voters had no idea at all of whom they were voting against. Not only was there was no basis for the corruption and even more ludicrous "criminal" charges against her, but none either for the fears that she was a warmonger. Now, instead of a professional and knowledgeable commander in chief and a compassionate leader, we have a temperamental, selfish, corrupt, uninformed deceiver and expert marketer of prejudice and fear. Shame on Americans.

The culture war has been reignited by the installation of this bigot in the White House, and continued GOPPER dominance guarantees NO progress that could ease social and economic tensions and resentments. Increased division is guaranteed, but after all, such is what I have predicted for decades now to occur in this era.
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M

Messages In This Thread
What is a Grey Champion? - by Bob Butler 54 - 05-05-2016, 07:50 AM
A Test of Theory - by Mikebert - 08-13-2016, 08:45 AM
RE: A Test of Theory - by Ragnarök_62 - 08-13-2016, 04:43 PM
RE: A Test of Theory - by Mikebert - 08-14-2016, 09:10 AM
RE: Grey Champions and the Election of 2016 - by Eric the Green - 11-21-2016, 01:14 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Presidential Election Predictive Cycle jleagans 1 1,690 08-17-2020, 06:36 PM
Last Post: jleagans
  Neither of the current major party candidates is the "Grey Champion". Einzige 50 38,779 11-21-2016, 09:32 AM
Last Post: 2Legit2Quit
  This may be the last presidential election dominated by Boomers and prior generations Dan '82 2 3,528 09-05-2016, 09:48 PM
Last Post: Warren Dew
  Being "Wide Awake" in 1856, getting "Woke" in 2016 Odin 0 2,507 09-02-2016, 04:36 PM
Last Post: Odin
  Article: The Ghosts of ’68 Haunt the Election of 2016 Odin 22 23,629 07-18-2016, 06:04 PM
Last Post: Anthony '58