Poll: Is Donald Trump the GC? And how does this effect your vote?
Yes, he is the GC, and I'm voting for him.
No he is not the GC, but I'm voting for him.
Yes he is the GC but I'm voting Democrat.
No he is not the GC but I'm voting Democrat.
Yes, he is the GC, but I'm voting Third Party
No, he is not the GC, but I'm voting Third Party
Yes, he is the GC but I'm not voting
No he is not the GC but I'm not voting
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grey Champions and the Election of 2016
(07-21-2016, 07:40 PM)taramarie Wrote: What makes him an xer by wanting to avoid the unpleasantness? What do you think a civic would want? Personally i want to fix it and society be less fragmented, more community orientated, inclusive and happier. Sick of all the screaming and drams. Avoidance would not fix it although i understand why rags would want to avoid it.

Well, taramarie, the first step to fix things to realize what the problems are first hand in a definite manner.

As for the US, we really need to stop all of these wars of choice.  The US can no longer claim the mantle of being all for human rights, freedom, etc.  The US is a surveillance state  that holds citizens and foreign nationals in prisons with no charges in the name of "fighting terrorism". In some prisons, we do torture as well.  You see, "terrorism" is just a methodology of a way to conduct warfare.  One may as well say "islamo-amphibous landing".  The US also treats nation states with double standards. Russia is no worse than Saudi Arabia for example. So wrt foreign policy, yes, we need to scale back or delete NATO because yes, we can't afford anymore. We also need to shut down legions of bases strewn worldwide. In short no more world policeman. Such a policy will in due course destroy us via bankruptcy. The efforts forthwith should go to rebuilding infrastructure [roads, rail, bridges, the power grid, and fast rail.] We'll also need to secure more fresh water by new water infrastructure and recycling waste water. I'd toss the surveillance state and the MIC in an incinerator. The tax system needs to be fixed as well. Just have a x,y income tax. All income , treated the same. You make x , you pay y. The rates can be as progressive as one wishes. Finally, be all means, no more purchasing of elections with money.

I hope you understand that that is how I'd prefer to "fix things". Cool
---Value Added Cool

Messages In This Thread
What is a Grey Champion? - by Bob Butler 54 - 05-05-2016, 07:50 AM
A Test of Theory - by Mikebert - 08-13-2016, 08:45 AM
RE: A Test of Theory - by Ragnarök_62 - 08-13-2016, 04:43 PM
RE: A Test of Theory - by Mikebert - 08-14-2016, 09:10 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Presidential Election Predictive Cycle jleagans 1 1,686 08-17-2020, 06:36 PM
Last Post: jleagans
  Neither of the current major party candidates is the "Grey Champion". Einzige 50 38,697 11-21-2016, 09:32 AM
Last Post: 2Legit2Quit
  This may be the last presidential election dominated by Boomers and prior generations Dan '82 2 3,525 09-05-2016, 09:48 PM
Last Post: Warren Dew
  Being "Wide Awake" in 1856, getting "Woke" in 2016 Odin 0 2,505 09-02-2016, 04:36 PM
Last Post: Odin
  Article: The Ghosts of ’68 Haunt the Election of 2016 Odin 22 23,573 07-18-2016, 06:04 PM
Last Post: Anthony '58