Poll: Is Donald Trump the GC? And how does this effect your vote?
Yes, he is the GC, and I'm voting for him.
No he is not the GC, but I'm voting for him.
Yes he is the GC but I'm voting Democrat.
No he is not the GC but I'm voting Democrat.
Yes, he is the GC, but I'm voting Third Party
No, he is not the GC, but I'm voting Third Party
Yes, he is the GC but I'm not voting
No he is not the GC but I'm not voting
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grey Champions and the Election of 2016
(07-24-2016, 04:01 AM)taramarie Wrote: No i don't. I was severely bullied, molested and smothered. I do not want to go through that again. As to how you interpret being born again as i have never gone through that transformation ......well it is like any experience. If you have not experienced it you do not know what to expect.
Well let's see. Turning the clock back to 1984 and erasing the 3T, just means we are just as we are today, but without all the lousy stuff from the 3T, and we can erase all our years, but if you're already under 30, you don't have to erase as many years.

Quote:Politics did suck, (other than laws that protected us) but for my generation regarding the culture (i can only speak for how we interpreted it) it didn't. It was alive and wonderful in comparison to these dark days.

You can enjoy your girl pop and boybands and I know it's fun and cheerful and all; just don't expect high-minded cultural "elitists" and connoisseurs like me to agree. Most critics and listeners agree that the pop music these days (like "Happy" for example) is lighter and brighter and more uplifting than the cynical noise and ennui of most 3T stuff. That's the historical pattern of 4Ts, and it's what the authors of T4T predicted.

Quote:You are assuming i have not listened to their songs. I have sat through a hell of a lot of their songs and it still is god awful to me.
You listened to Paul sing Here There and Everywhere on the other thread, then? You didn't just make your post that it's not for you?

The best songs like that one are timeless. They do not depend on who you are, or when you grew up. Such songs were created in the 2T a lot more frequently than in the realm of 3T American pop.

Quote:As I was immersed in and shaped by what I and my cohort enjoyed that is what i have fond memories of. I heard xer grunge and rap and disliked most of it. I cannot connect with it and it also did not shape me. I found that clip of the man playing the guitar boring. Difference is i do not slam a whole turning for certain songs i do not like.
Right; that's why I mention the exceptions. And the same applies to you about the entire output of a particular artist like The Beatles.

Quote: As to whether i know even less about that 3T music than 2T rock pop and folk you would be surprised matey but i actually equally do not know much about either. In fact your 2T music, the majority of it is alien to me. Not even my mother plays it. I at least heard grunge and rap when i was a kid. I just was not fussed on it.

It's new to you; that's the point. There's much to discover. It's not alien; just unfamiliar. You can discover it if you choose to. I have filtered out the bad songs of the 2T that most media focuses on, and left the best stuff for you Smile There's plenty of good and bad stuff in all the eras; but for the 3T you have to mostly look beyond the mainstream American pop to find the good stuff. At least if you're not 13 and enjoying boybands and sexy girl pop in the meantime. Nothing wrong with that; but art and music have a lot more potential than that. People like me did not find that higher potential in grunge, pop, rap, punk, metal etc.
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M

Messages In This Thread
What is a Grey Champion? - by Bob Butler 54 - 05-05-2016, 07:50 AM
RE: Grey Champions and the Election of 2016 - by Eric the Green - 07-24-2016, 10:45 AM
A Test of Theory - by Mikebert - 08-13-2016, 08:45 AM
RE: A Test of Theory - by Ragnarök_62 - 08-13-2016, 04:43 PM
RE: A Test of Theory - by Mikebert - 08-14-2016, 09:10 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Presidential Election Predictive Cycle jleagans 1 1,679 08-17-2020, 06:36 PM
Last Post: jleagans
  Neither of the current major party candidates is the "Grey Champion". Einzige 50 38,619 11-21-2016, 09:32 AM
Last Post: 2Legit2Quit
  This may be the last presidential election dominated by Boomers and prior generations Dan '82 2 3,513 09-05-2016, 09:48 PM
Last Post: Warren Dew
  Being "Wide Awake" in 1856, getting "Woke" in 2016 Odin 0 2,494 09-02-2016, 04:36 PM
Last Post: Odin
  Article: The Ghosts of ’68 Haunt the Election of 2016 Odin 22 23,523 07-18-2016, 06:04 PM
Last Post: Anthony '58