Poll: Is Donald Trump the GC? And how does this effect your vote?
Yes, he is the GC, and I'm voting for him.
No he is not the GC, but I'm voting for him.
Yes he is the GC but I'm voting Democrat.
No he is not the GC but I'm voting Democrat.
Yes, he is the GC, but I'm voting Third Party
No, he is not the GC, but I'm voting Third Party
Yes, he is the GC but I'm not voting
No he is not the GC but I'm not voting
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grey Champions and the Election of 2016
(07-27-2016, 11:57 AM)X_4AD_84 Wrote: The Grey Champion is by definition neither a huckster nor a brigand, this doubly disqualifies Drumpf.

This assumes that a "Grey Champion" is a single person, of which I'm not convinced. I've posted before as to why I think the title can, and is only applied to someone after the fact. Even so, you probably want to reread S&H since they pointed out Hitler as Germany's last GC, and he was at least a brigand, and probably a huckster at the same time.

Quote:Meanwhile, Hillary R. Clinton presents a plausible GC. She has her faults (just like FDR did) and is corrupt. But she is not an agent of a hostile foreign power. She will do much good and the bad she might do is not enough to make me avoid her.

Here in lays the problem. First you are assuming that the GC is a single person--which quite honestly not even S&H has been able to show outside of hindsight. Second, her faults are numerous, gross corruption, probable incompetence, more than a few rumors as to her health (IE being physically incapable of being president--remember being the POTUS is a mental job so FDR could do it from a wheelchair) all of that makes me question her fitness to be POTUS and the corruption and incompetence issues existed in 2008 (the reason why I went for Kucinich in the primaries and eventually voted for Obama twice). Third, HRC has a record in Washington dating back to the 1970s, for what good she may have done, the clear bads she has done have far outweighed any goods that may be attributed to her. Fourth, there is no evidence that Trump or any other candidate is the agent of a foreign power. Given the fact that the MSM is clearly in HRC's back pocket were there such evidence they would be shouting it from the roof tops.

Over all with HRC there simply isn't enough "good" there to make me hold my nose and vote for her. Trump on the other hand is something completely different. In any event his rhetoric speaks of weakening US imperialism and from my perspective that is a good thing. Anything that weakens imperialism by its nature must be good for the working class.
It really is all mathematics.

Turn on to Daddy, Tune in to Nationalism, Drop out of UN/NATO/WTO/TPP/NAFTA/CAFTA Globalism.

Messages In This Thread
What is a Grey Champion? - by Bob Butler 54 - 05-05-2016, 07:50 AM
A Test of Theory - by Mikebert - 08-13-2016, 08:45 AM
RE: A Test of Theory - by Ragnarök_62 - 08-13-2016, 04:43 PM
RE: A Test of Theory - by Mikebert - 08-14-2016, 09:10 AM
RE: Grey Champions and the Election of 2016 - by Kinser79 - 08-14-2016, 09:52 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Presidential Election Predictive Cycle jleagans 1 1,679 08-17-2020, 06:36 PM
Last Post: jleagans
  Neither of the current major party candidates is the "Grey Champion". Einzige 50 38,616 11-21-2016, 09:32 AM
Last Post: 2Legit2Quit
  This may be the last presidential election dominated by Boomers and prior generations Dan '82 2 3,512 09-05-2016, 09:48 PM
Last Post: Warren Dew
  Being "Wide Awake" in 1856, getting "Woke" in 2016 Odin 0 2,494 09-02-2016, 04:36 PM
Last Post: Odin
  Article: The Ghosts of ’68 Haunt the Election of 2016 Odin 22 23,515 07-18-2016, 06:04 PM
Last Post: Anthony '58