Poll: Is Donald Trump the GC? And how does this effect your vote?
Yes, he is the GC, and I'm voting for him.
No he is not the GC, but I'm voting for him.
Yes he is the GC but I'm voting Democrat.
No he is not the GC but I'm voting Democrat.
Yes, he is the GC, but I'm voting Third Party
No, he is not the GC, but I'm voting Third Party
Yes, he is the GC but I'm not voting
No he is not the GC but I'm not voting
[Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grey Champions and the Election of 2016
(05-05-2016, 06:57 AM)Kinser79 Wrote: As some of you may know some time ago on the old forum I said tat I believed that this 4T there would emerge two GC's.  It should be noted that by and large I view the GC itself as a title bestowed after the fact.  In any event it seems that we do indeed have two, and one will likely be the nominee for the GOP this go round.

I am speaking of His Imperial Highness, His Glorious Majesty Donald J. Trump (AKA Daddy).  What have we seen so far from him?

1.  An unexpected groundswell of support not only from likely GOP voters but from new voters.

2.  An inablity to be pinned down by the Establishment politicians or the MSM at all.  And not for a lack of trying either.

3.  Implementation of new strategies and tactics politically that disrupt the Establishment.

4.  Most importantly a clear and consistent message coming from the Jacksonian tradition.

As such I'm creating this poll (and hopefully it will work).

The question is:  Is Donald Trump the GC we've been looking for?  If so would you vote for him?

As the first vote, I not only think that Trump is the GC, but I will also be voting for him.  Granted since (Hillary) Clinton will be the Democratic nominee I'd vote for a potted plant if the GOP rant that too.

The problems with Donald Trump as a potential Grey Champion

1. He's likely to lose  more of the usual Republican voters than gain new ones. Whether those traditional Republican voters vote for a Third Party nominee or vote for Hillary Clinton as a seemingly-safe alternative implies that he will not get the chance to be a Grey Champion.

2. The mainstream media dislike him. The fellow has made enemies at FoX Propaganda Channel.

3. He may be off the wall in his political pronouncements, but nothing indicates that he is anything other than a rapacious plutocrat with a bloated ego. He may be all over the board making promises that contradict each other, but I expect him to choose to honor his own class before he does anything for the working classes. 

4. We had our analogue to Andrew Jackson... in Ronald Reagan for changing the style of the Presidency for the time until the Crisis Era. Both Bushes, Clinton, and Obama operate in the shadow of Ronald Reagan, the most transformative President since FDR.

5. Donald Trump appeals most strongly to a shrinking demographic: straight, Anglo, under-educated, white, rural Christians.

6. He is the most blatantly anti-feminist candidate for the Presidential nomination of the two main Parties or of anyone who has had a chance to put a strong showing on a Third-Party or Independent run since... you tell me. I remember when feminism was a weak presence in American life.

He has taken pointless jabs at Carly Fiorina and Megyn Kelly. I've heard his type, the sort who alternates between possessive sentimentality (as in buying the biggest and most expensive card and big flower arrangements for his wife and his mother for Mother's Day) and taking verbal swats at "bi***es". (I have called someone a bitch, but she barks and had potential at one time to bear puppies).  Some women fall for men like that. Most women despise that.  

7. He has violated a taboo unlikely to be undone in America fast enough -- the taboo against political violence. Do you excuse his staffers beating up hecklers? Do you excuse him for promoting violence against opponents?

He loses this time.
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

Messages In This Thread
What is a Grey Champion? - by Bob Butler 54 - 05-05-2016, 07:50 AM
RE: Grey Champions and the Election of 2016 - by pbrower2a - 05-07-2016, 12:54 AM
A Test of Theory - by Mikebert - 08-13-2016, 08:45 AM
RE: A Test of Theory - by Ragnarök_62 - 08-13-2016, 04:43 PM
RE: A Test of Theory - by Mikebert - 08-14-2016, 09:10 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Presidential Election Predictive Cycle jleagans 1 1,695 08-17-2020, 06:36 PM
Last Post: jleagans
  Neither of the current major party candidates is the "Grey Champion". Einzige 50 38,811 11-21-2016, 09:32 AM
Last Post: 2Legit2Quit
  This may be the last presidential election dominated by Boomers and prior generations Dan '82 2 3,530 09-05-2016, 09:48 PM
Last Post: Warren Dew
  Being "Wide Awake" in 1856, getting "Woke" in 2016 Odin 0 2,509 09-02-2016, 04:36 PM
Last Post: Odin
  Article: The Ghosts of ’68 Haunt the Election of 2016 Odin 22 23,653 07-18-2016, 06:04 PM
Last Post: Anthony '58