Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can!
There are certainly some things about the Trump "sex abuse" tape that some people are questioning; like, why was it released now, after 11 years? Why was it recorded, and for what purpose? Why were two people who were joking and bragging about their "exploits" and "priviledges" in private, recording their banter as a public event? If it was recorded, wouldn't they know it was not just "locker room talk," but a public statement by two stars, one of whom already had political ambitions even then? How can Trump really deny that he was bragging about what he does, if all these women are coming forward now after feeling frightened about doing so, and confirming that he actually was doing those things? Was he even conscious? The Trump situation truly is a puzzlement.

Does he even really stand for the things he says? After being a Democrat for a while, and saying Hillary Clinton was a smart and capable official, that the Bill Clinton scandals were bogus, and that the economy works better under Democrats, now he spouts a pretty consistent Republican party line, combined with a basic right-wing spiel about nationalism and anti-globalism, and acts like at least a semi-fascist demogogue, as if he might really be Mussolini reincarnate-- and even resembles him in many ways. And yet he still throws in lines like "we need adequate child care" and "rebuilt infrastructure" as if he cares about these things, even though he wants to reduce taxes so much that they could never be paid for.

A part of me thinks that at some level Mr. Trump cares about people and his country, and he really wants it to be great again. But most of me thinks he is carrying on a stunt or project to boost himself and his ego as a great leader that people will look up to. As everyone knows, he is immature, maybe typical of a lot of us boomers. Not a very good representative of our generation.

I still like Hillary, as a better representative; and because she is a feminist, I think she's a genuine liberal at heart; but like most successful leaders, she succumbs to some temptations, priviledges and perks of power. I think she does care, and the care is a greater part of her than the ego. People who work with her, trust her. People who oppose liberal policies, demean her. I like Bill Clinton too. But I could not support him for re-election, because of his neo-liberal compromises. If I vote for Hillary, I can only hope that she doesn't make as many, nor behaves too much like a neo-con. I may vote for her mainly to repudiate the would-be dictator, and hope for the best. I remember that I have yet to be able to vote for any Democratic incumbent president for re-election, although had I lived in a purple state, I might well have voted for Obama in 2012, despite his shortcomings on such things as drone wars and the TPP.
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M

Messages In This Thread
Basket of Deplorables - by John J. Xenakis - 09-10-2016, 11:06 AM
RE: Basket of Deplorables - by pbrower2a - 09-10-2016, 02:01 PM
RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - by Eric the Green - 10-14-2016, 02:52 AM
RE: Gringrich - by The Wonkette - 10-27-2016, 11:29 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lets make fun of Obama while he is still relevant. Galen 207 122,619 01-25-2023, 07:45 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  Stimulus Bill Would Make Illegal Streaming a Felony LNE 7 2,571 02-02-2021, 04:12 AM
Last Post: random3
  Trump: Bring back torture to make America great nebraska 0 1,608 01-13-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: nebraska
  Bill would make New York first state to ban declawing of cats nebraska 0 1,888 01-13-2018, 07:13 AM
  Bill would make it a crime to videotape police in Arizona nebraska 0 1,822 01-11-2018, 04:01 AM
  High taxes, regulations make NY dead last in freedom nebraska 4 3,221 12-27-2017, 07:51 PM
  This result Bundy of trial should be fun. Galen 0 1,647 12-24-2017, 12:40 AM
Last Post: Galen
  Let's make fun of and bash Gary Johnson too! Eric the Green 16 17,946 10-15-2016, 02:50 PM
Last Post: Eric the Green