Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can!
I've been tough on Trump. But there will come a time for healing. Trump is a brawler, and after the brawls he makes up.

Donald Trump is an interesting fellow. I thought of a way he could be even more interesting, and maybe even useful.

He's going to lose the election. According to Grant Lewi, he's at the place in life represented by Saturn in his 4th house, the Nadir of Fortune, and it's also conjunct his Moon and opposing his Sun. That means, "a new start." Something ends and something begins.

He can become Bernie Sanders.

He has fostered a movement. Millions are riled up and aroused by his words and his peculiar charisma. What does he do with it?

The comedians made mince meat of his lines at the Al Smith Dinner that fell flat; that were too cutting instead of funny. But he did have some good self-directed humor too. They both had some good lines. And afterward, although others focused on the bitterness, Donald and Hillary shook hands. Donald complimented her on her speech, and Hillary said they could work together after the election. My thought is, maybe they can.

Bernie and Hillary are working together, and they agreed on a platform and policies for real change.

So Donald Trump has a choice. He can gripe and accuse and threaten and keep his people angry and arouse them to potential violence. Or he can join with Hillary and Bernie to make the changes that we need, and take his people with him.

He and his followers could be a powerful influence on his Party in Congress too.

Donald Trump is a showman, and his campaign was mostly just an act. He had to adopt the ideas of the Republicans in order to run in their party and be an agent of change. But Hillary is the agent of real change now, and she'll need support in order to make the change. She'll need prodding to stay on the path of genuine progress, instead of deferring to the wealthy experts on Wall Street and the Pentagon and the political powers behind the scenes. She needs Bernie to bring his movement along in this great change, and she needs Donald to bring HIS movement along too.

Besides the positions he took just to fit in to the Party he ran in, he could go back to saying what he used to say. He can ditch the Republican trickle-down economics, the militarism and the culture war issues like abortion. He can atone for his bigoted remarks, and say he didn't mean them; it was really just his act to arouse a certain segment of the people to rise up for change, and the act is over. And he has some good ideas; ideas that Hillary's supporters mostly agree with too. He's even said that we all want the same things. We need to reform and restrict lobbying and take money out of politics. We need to negotiate better trade deals. Donald and Bernie can push and support Hillary to make these changes. They can help keep her away from the temptation to start a regime-change war. All three want to help our struggling working class recover and to build the things we need. All three want to improve the health care reform.

So I pray for Donald Trump. He is a talented leader. I pray that he'll see the light, and join Bernie to help Hillary make progress and make revolution.
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M

Messages In This Thread
Basket of Deplorables - by John J. Xenakis - 09-10-2016, 11:06 AM
RE: Basket of Deplorables - by pbrower2a - 09-10-2016, 02:01 PM
RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - by Eric the Green - 10-26-2016, 01:08 AM
RE: Gringrich - by The Wonkette - 10-27-2016, 11:29 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lets make fun of Obama while he is still relevant. Galen 207 122,947 01-25-2023, 07:45 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  Stimulus Bill Would Make Illegal Streaming a Felony LNE 7 2,579 02-02-2021, 04:12 AM
Last Post: random3
  Trump: Bring back torture to make America great nebraska 0 1,617 01-13-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: nebraska
  Bill would make New York first state to ban declawing of cats nebraska 0 1,895 01-13-2018, 07:13 AM
  Bill would make it a crime to videotape police in Arizona nebraska 0 1,831 01-11-2018, 04:01 AM
  High taxes, regulations make NY dead last in freedom nebraska 4 3,239 12-27-2017, 07:51 PM
  This result Bundy of trial should be fun. Galen 0 1,655 12-24-2017, 12:40 AM
Last Post: Galen
  Let's make fun of and bash Gary Johnson too! Eric the Green 16 18,007 10-15-2016, 02:50 PM
Last Post: Eric the Green