Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can!
(11-10-2016, 07:53 AM)Odin Wrote:
(11-09-2016, 08:36 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: Well brower is right of course, but I was wrong in my prediction (non-astrological) from the early years of the forum, that HRC would be the gray champion. That dream is over. Now we get a nightmare.

Hateful condescension from big city folks like you helped create this nightmare, Eric. I sure hope you are happy. Angry

True. We educated liberals need to realign with the working man and his economic interests. I'm not sure that we are going to start loving country music, tabloid media, Ultimate Fighting, and reality TV...

We generally have a wider depth of cultural experiences, and my use of Verdi's Requiem (I could have used the Ninth symphony of Anton Bruckner and the Tenth Symphony of Dmitri Shostakovich) to express my feeling of the electoral disaster of November 8 meld some combination of mourning and terror that I consider applicable today.

I expect to make trips into Canada, and it will be safe to assume that the recorded music that I listen to in Canada will generally be much brighter than what I play on my car stereo after I return to the  America. I will likely send postcards that say things like "Greetings from Calgary" that I will alter to read "Greetings from FREE Calgary".

... now, on culture. It would be best if working-class white people started recognizing that paying more attention to formal education would be good for their image to secular liberals. We educated white liberals recognize what we have in common with educated blacks, Hispanics, and Asians -- and of a bigger cultural divide with white people who read the National Inquirer. Sorry about the cultural arrogance, but we educated liberals generally have exposure to a richer array of cultural expression.

Donald Trump appealed to the rubes to whom nobody defers for cultural wisdom. But don;t worry -- he will betray them fast. After all, American politics is now about nothing other than the enhancement of economic power of economic elites at the expense of everyone else.

I do not play the lotteries, but if I had to choose between buying a $50 lottery ticket for the Super Duper Megabucks Lotto or voting for Donald Trump... I'd buy the lottery ticket.Buying a lottery ticket is far more rational because there seems to be something to win.
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

Messages In This Thread
Basket of Deplorables - by John J. Xenakis - 09-10-2016, 11:06 AM
RE: Basket of Deplorables - by pbrower2a - 09-10-2016, 02:01 PM
RE: Gringrich - by The Wonkette - 10-27-2016, 11:29 AM
RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - by pbrower2a - 11-10-2016, 01:48 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lets make fun of Obama while he is still relevant. Galen 207 123,097 01-25-2023, 07:45 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  Stimulus Bill Would Make Illegal Streaming a Felony LNE 7 2,580 02-02-2021, 04:12 AM
Last Post: random3
  Trump: Bring back torture to make America great nebraska 0 1,618 01-13-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: nebraska
  Bill would make New York first state to ban declawing of cats nebraska 0 1,895 01-13-2018, 07:13 AM
  Bill would make it a crime to videotape police in Arizona nebraska 0 1,832 01-11-2018, 04:01 AM
  High taxes, regulations make NY dead last in freedom nebraska 4 3,245 12-27-2017, 07:51 PM
  This result Bundy of trial should be fun. Galen 0 1,657 12-24-2017, 12:40 AM
Last Post: Galen
  Let's make fun of and bash Gary Johnson too! Eric the Green 16 18,031 10-15-2016, 02:50 PM
Last Post: Eric the Green