Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can!
(11-10-2016, 03:00 PM)Bob Butler 54 Wrote:
(11-10-2016, 02:31 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote:
(11-10-2016, 02:11 PM)Bob Butler 54 Wrote:
(11-10-2016, 02:00 PM)Kinser79 Wrote: If I believed you to be self-aware, which I don't, I'd make a claim that it is because I was right.  It was babble designed to make yourself look more intelligent then you really are.  Stephan Molyneux would call such a person a sophist.  Fortunately for me you are not self-aware, a trait you share with most bleeding hearts, sjws and other sundry scum, so you don't realize that everyone with more than two functioning brain cells sees right through you.  Which means that of the posters on this board, you're fooling nobody--not even Eric.  And Eric is a fool.

I've heard one test for self awareness used by scientists, mostly on animals.  One dabs a little paint on the face of the individual being tested, then holds up a mirror so the individual can see the face with its paint.  A self aware individual will generally try to wipe off the paint.  A less developed individual will interpret the mirror as being another individual, and might attack or initiate some sort of social interactions with the perceived other individual.

Maybe we should ask Playwrite to perform the test on himself?

There is another test.  I'm not sure what the test is for, exactly.  One states a political opinion.  If the individual hearing the opinion launches insults and other social attacks, there is something wrong with the individual launching the personal attack.  I'm not sure I can properly describe what the test tests without failing the test.
Playdude would refuse to take the test. If playdude was standing on a cliff penny less, he 'd jump because playdude doesn't have what it takes to succeed or survive in my world. You would be wise to remove deplorable people like playdude before your party is completely destroyed by them. The blue cloak was removed during this election.

I think you just failed the second test.  I'd rather do issues than exchange personal attacks.  That's one of the many reasons I dislike Trump and the atmosphere he is encouraging.  We have enough problems keeping these forums civil and focused without a leader who profits from discord, and this forum reflects the country as a whole.

I believe Hillary's use of 'deplorable' referred to the bigots, the racist and sexist element of the Republican base who think political correctness has been taken too far, who want to be free to express and act on their debased opinions of women and minorities.  It only took a few hours for the 'not my president' movement to materialize, and this is in reaction to how Trump alienated minorities and women...  in a similar enough way to how Playwright alienates red leaners.  The resurfacing of the bigoted deplorables Hillary referred to is as problematic to the acceptance of Republicans as you say the existence of Playwrite and is ilk is problematic to the acceptance of Democrats.

I've been using 'partisan' rather than 'deplorable'.  There are folks on more than two sides who are locked into badly skewed ideas of how reality works and ought to work.  The difference in perspectives is big enough to make communication nearly impossible, let alone cooperation.  I could agree with you that the extreme partisans should be dumped if the country is going to cease being stagnant and dysfunctional.  Unfortunately, you would be one of the extreme partisans that needs to be dumped.  I half expect that if Dan adopted the policy of banning the extreme partisans that make rational conversation impossible there would be no one left.  Thus, rational conversation remains impossible.

Anyway, I half expect Dan to break in soon and firmly suggest we talk about politics rather than each other's faults.  I suspect he'll have to be doing this a lot for a while.

I understand. I suspect since Tuesday night we have entered a period where rational discourse will decline.

(wow, what a polite understatement THAT was Smile )
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M

Messages In This Thread
Basket of Deplorables - by John J. Xenakis - 09-10-2016, 11:06 AM
RE: Basket of Deplorables - by pbrower2a - 09-10-2016, 02:01 PM
RE: Gringrich - by The Wonkette - 10-27-2016, 11:29 AM
RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - by Eric the Green - 11-10-2016, 05:20 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lets make fun of Obama while he is still relevant. Galen 207 122,599 01-25-2023, 07:45 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  Stimulus Bill Would Make Illegal Streaming a Felony LNE 7 2,570 02-02-2021, 04:12 AM
Last Post: random3
  Trump: Bring back torture to make America great nebraska 0 1,607 01-13-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: nebraska
  Bill would make New York first state to ban declawing of cats nebraska 0 1,885 01-13-2018, 07:13 AM
  Bill would make it a crime to videotape police in Arizona nebraska 0 1,821 01-11-2018, 04:01 AM
  High taxes, regulations make NY dead last in freedom nebraska 4 3,220 12-27-2017, 07:51 PM
  This result Bundy of trial should be fun. Galen 0 1,645 12-24-2017, 12:40 AM
Last Post: Galen
  Let's make fun of and bash Gary Johnson too! Eric the Green 16 17,937 10-15-2016, 02:50 PM
Last Post: Eric the Green