Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can!
(11-11-2016, 02:14 PM)taramarie Wrote: Different people see them in different ways. It sounds like typically urban folk are more than likely to see rural folk as fools if we are to go on Odin's personal experience.

For some time now, I have been coming to the conclusion that the fracture line that is growing in this country is largely urban versus rural, or it can generally be categorized into one with a high degree of correlation.  As I can only really speak for myself, I will present my view on this.  I currently live in and own a home in a city but I also own a sizable tract of rural  (actually it is planned as less than rural and classified as agricultural) property that i plan to move to.  Consequently, I believe that i have an understanding of both the rural and urban perspectives to some degree, though I lean towards the rural.

The hands down, number one reason I want to move out to the rural environment is to be left the hell alone.  I do not want people who live on a postage stamp passing rules and trying to stipulate regulations on what I do with my land.  I want to raise a large portion of my own food including vegetables and animals.  I want to be largely self sufficient.  I accept responsibility for myself and I don't want government hand outs. I am tired of being taxed to death because some urban population center holds a vote and then holds their hand out. 

While I understand the systemic problems, including things like lack of affordable healthcare coverage, dwindling prospects for the "American dream", bleak retirement outlooks, etc, I do not accept the answer as being government forced wealth redistribution.  I didn't get a government hand out on my student loan.  I do not get a government subsidy on my housing.  I do not get a government break on my health care.  I have to work for those things and pay for them.  Similarly, I don't want a bunch of illegal immigrants coming to my country and leaching off the system by claiming a bazillion dependents on a fake SSN to avoid paying taxes and using the emergency room for their medical care at my expense.  Along those same lines my ancestors were not responsible for slavery and I don't owe the blacks one damned dime and see instead a group that needs to pull their pants up, learn to speak proper English and get a damned job instead of blocking the highway because they're pissed off.  I see these BLM riots and it looks like nothing but a bunch of animals that need to be put down and it is why when I left the house today I made sure my spouse had a Glock with several extra magazines and I left with an FN5-7 with sixty rounds and we both carry extra weapons. It is why I have well over a years supply of food and other essentials stored away while a large portion of the population of the city I live in can't feed themselves beyond 24 hours (A snow storm resulted in a line over a mile long to get into a McDonald's) as well as enough ammunition (and the ability to make more) to make a NY Liberal feint.  

Unfortunately, despite my desire to be left alone, what ends up happening is that some carpet bagger comes down here from a Yankee state and tries to vote in all the rules and regulations that they had in the little utopia they left to the net effect of destroying MY desired way of life.  I see the Clinton Criminal Crime Syndicate as being an extension of this big government bullshit and it is quickly getting to the point where "burn the MF'er down" as some of the rioters put it is starting to sound pretty good, especially if we're talking about the liberal strong holds.

Now, I am NOT a Republican.  In fact, I despise them and in many ways more than I despise the Democrats.  Unfortunately, "Pissed Off" isn't a registration option either. I see the problem as the oligarchy comprised of both parties that is selling out the jobs and replacing them with service sector dead ends while laughing all the way to the bank.  I see the QE ponzi scheme bleeding the citizens dry and benefiting those that already have too much.  I am socially very liberal in the things I support ranging from freedom to marry whomever you want (I think government should not have a say in marriage at all), what substances you want to put in your body, that abortion is a personal choice, etc.  I most closely represent the Libertarian ideals but unfortunately freedom and personal responsibility are never options on the ballot - just a choice of a shit sandwich or shit soup both courtesy of big government.  I see the government as illegitimate and I don't give a rats ass if "you voted" - I don't recognize it's authority.  I see government as the problem, not the solution.

So yes, I see civil war coming.  I see an economic collapse coming and I like the ant, preparing for it, unlike all the urban grasshoppers.  So you will just have to excuse me if I chose not to support the queen who failed in their attempt to steal a coronation, but even if she had won you wouldn't see me retreating to my "safe space" with my emotional comfort dog to have a sad before I go out and riot in the streets, because I would have to go to work in the morning.

Messages In This Thread
Basket of Deplorables - by John J. Xenakis - 09-10-2016, 11:06 AM
RE: Basket of Deplorables - by pbrower2a - 09-10-2016, 02:01 PM
RE: Gringrich - by The Wonkette - 10-27-2016, 11:29 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lets make fun of Obama while he is still relevant. Galen 207 123,077 01-25-2023, 07:45 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  Stimulus Bill Would Make Illegal Streaming a Felony LNE 7 2,580 02-02-2021, 04:12 AM
Last Post: random3
  Trump: Bring back torture to make America great nebraska 0 1,618 01-13-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: nebraska
  Bill would make New York first state to ban declawing of cats nebraska 0 1,895 01-13-2018, 07:13 AM
  Bill would make it a crime to videotape police in Arizona nebraska 0 1,831 01-11-2018, 04:01 AM
  High taxes, regulations make NY dead last in freedom nebraska 4 3,244 12-27-2017, 07:51 PM
  This result Bundy of trial should be fun. Galen 0 1,656 12-24-2017, 12:40 AM
Last Post: Galen
  Let's make fun of and bash Gary Johnson too! Eric the Green 16 18,027 10-15-2016, 02:50 PM
Last Post: Eric the Green