Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can!
(11-10-2016, 05:08 PM)Bob Butler 54 Wrote:
(11-10-2016, 04:02 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote: I'm a take no crap Republican voter. I've spent years battling with the more extreme partisans on your side. The majority of whom are around anymore You don't know extreme because you've never seen an extreme. What's extreme to you? An American who isn't afraid to call you out and get in your face isn't extreme based on my standards. If it's extreme, you don't go out or get around very much within America. Dude, I am a typical American raised in 1970's suburban culture. A culture with civic rules and moral standards.  An American who can relate to most Americans who can handle being around the use of bad words, open displays of anger and an occasional fight. Who are you? Where are you from? Do you live in a world full of blue cream puffs or the real world? A blue uppity world where swearing and open displays of anger are illegal for those who aren't liberal. REALITY IS WHAT REALITY IS BASED ON ONES EXPERIENCES AND KNOWLEDGE. THE REALITY IS YOU DON"T LIVE IN HEAVEN WHERE THE HEAVENLY VALUES EXIST. You don't like what I have to say to you or say to you in regards to your beliefs or views of other people and your views. Well, TFB, you live in America and America just reminded you clowns where you live. In my opinion, if you can handle anti-sentiment and dish it out then you can handle anti-black and brown as well. If not, you have a partisan issue that I do not have and an issue with convincing me that your any better than those than your always bitching about. I'd eliminate you and replace you with someone real. In short, if I offend, you fucked up and I will tell you/show where you fucked up. I've never applied a negative term that wasn't earned. Rational conversation requires people who handle negative comments and accept failures. How many posters here are capable of handling either one? I've never seen as many thin skinned people who can't take shit or criticism as I see on forums like these.

When I was young enough that someone might want to pick a fight with me, I had studied martial arts.  As I figured it, anyone immature and undisciplined enough to want to start a fight would be an unworthy opponent.  I found that if one was confident enough of this fact, it was trivially easy to avoid fights.

I'm from greater Boston, was a professional software engineer, and have gotten along with folks well enough that I have not and had no desire to hurt people.  I do not consider myself unusual in this.  Then again, most of my time in Boston was spent at Northeastern, MIT and Draper Labs, not in Roxbury or Southie.  There is Boston, and then there is Boston.

I'm currently in a role playing game group where most everyone but me is a veteran.  Surprise, surprise, they occasionally use pungent language.  I don't faint or get upset when it happens.  However, one of the veterans, the owner of the game store, tries to welcome children and their parents.  The store sells games appropriate for youth, tries to keep the ugly language down, as Jay's living to some extent depends on the store maintaining a family friendly reputation.  The tradition is, if someone uses salty language, a second person turns on a third person who hasn't said anything and rebukes at him.  It's a joke at one level, and no one is really upset, but everyone does acknowledge that we're in a civilized place and everyone should try to be civil.   We've had a few folk who have no interest in civility.  They don't last long in our gaming groups.  As I figure it, that's the way things ought to be.

The first week at work as a janitor for the old Bell System, the others based at the garage noted I didn't use foul language.  One of them predicted that this wouldn't last long.  Wrong.  Still going...  Yet, the language didn't bother me in the least.

I've been reading Hillbilly Elegy, J. D. Vance's loving yet scathing description of the rural Scotts-Irish culture.  It provides a glimpse of sorts into an alternate culture.  One doesn't start a fight unless they insult your family, family is important, but it is OK to insult the other guy's family.  One never beat's one's wife unless she throws the first blow, then it's OK.  The book provides one perspective on a deplorable culture, a culture of poverty, prejudice, drugs and violence.  The author viewed Hillbilly culture as a trap to be escaped.  Not everyone sees it as a trap.  Not everyone tries to escape.  Some accept poverty, prejudice, drugs and violence as the norm.  Well, accept might not be the right word.  They take pride in being dysfunctional.

Sure, I wouldn't do well in a Rust Belt Hillbilly culture.  I'm doubtful that you would do well on Route 128 or in Silicone Valley.  We both grew into our own cultures, and might not be content living under a different set of assumptions among people who live in a different world that requires different values.

I don't expect to convince you that being deplorable is a bad thing.

But being deplorable, violent, abusive, dysfunctional, etc...  is not the only American culture.  The Hillbilly culture is one aspect of America, but one should not confuse this with Hillbilly Culture being America.  The Lockheed Aircraft facilities south of San Francisco properly fly bigger flags on top of higher flag poles than the average uneducated deplorable and proud hillbilly.  This is a metaphor for something or other.
I doubt we'd ever get into a real fight. I don't fight with people who don't give me a reason to fight with them. I haven't been in a real fight since high school. The bulk of my fights were with bullies. The rest were with arrogant pricks who crossed the line that they were not aware existed. I'm not a big fan of violence. However, I do understand the value/ need for it from time to time in certain situations. Back in the day, we were expected to take care of an issue like bullying. We were taught the value of standing up for ourselves and defending ourselves. The GI's were good teachers. The GI's didn't teach or promote their dreams and the values associated with achieving their dreams. The GI's were practical minded people who taught us the ways of the world that still exist today. If you task government with the job of solving one problem, I have faith in the governments ability to solve one problem. Hell, I even have faith in governments ability to solve a few problems if its centered on solving those problems. We don't have as many problems as the left. The left has tons of problems it's looking to government to solve for them.The problems we have are related to economics, national security and government trespasses and direct threats pertaining to individual rights. How are we suppose to address the tons of problems that liberals have been tying us to for years. You have a clue where we are at society wise. A make or break moment in my opinion and you probably know which way we're going to break by looking at the map. It's not hard to see the economically depressed areas created by liberal policies. Now, if you need an education on what was then and what isn't today. I'll take you to the small town that my parents grew up in that I've always considered to be my second home. I'll show you where the smaller manufacturing plants were located that disappeared during the 90's. I'll take you to the trailer parks where the primary source of income is crime. How do you fix problems with clueless liberals standing in the way of progress? I'm sorry dude but the so-called educated look like a bunch of fools to me. What you've experienced is what happens when liberal dreams collide with other peoples goals and lives. You don't legislate from a bench ( a bench in a court or the White House). America wasn't set up to be governed that way. I'm sure you you would agree with me but lack the pull that's necessary to control those on your side who prefer that it be governed that way. As I said, the cloak has been removed and the old blue image has been tainted. If any of this  looks extreme to you then that's your problem.In my opinion, it's pretty hard to criticize my association with anti-minority sentiment that exists on my side with all the anti-white sentiment that currently exists and openly expressed that exists on your side. Who has the courage to tell people like Al Sharpton and Obama's preacher to shut the fuck up?

Messages In This Thread
Basket of Deplorables - by John J. Xenakis - 09-10-2016, 11:06 AM
RE: Basket of Deplorables - by pbrower2a - 09-10-2016, 02:01 PM
RE: Gringrich - by The Wonkette - 10-27-2016, 11:29 AM
RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - by Classic-Xer - 11-12-2016, 04:51 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lets make fun of Obama while he is still relevant. Galen 207 122,607 01-25-2023, 07:45 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  Stimulus Bill Would Make Illegal Streaming a Felony LNE 7 2,570 02-02-2021, 04:12 AM
Last Post: random3
  Trump: Bring back torture to make America great nebraska 0 1,607 01-13-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: nebraska
  Bill would make New York first state to ban declawing of cats nebraska 0 1,887 01-13-2018, 07:13 AM
  Bill would make it a crime to videotape police in Arizona nebraska 0 1,821 01-11-2018, 04:01 AM
  High taxes, regulations make NY dead last in freedom nebraska 4 3,221 12-27-2017, 07:51 PM
  This result Bundy of trial should be fun. Galen 0 1,645 12-24-2017, 12:40 AM
Last Post: Galen
  Let's make fun of and bash Gary Johnson too! Eric the Green 16 17,943 10-15-2016, 02:50 PM
Last Post: Eric the Green