Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can!
(11-14-2016, 03:28 PM)X_4AD_84 Wrote:
(11-14-2016, 02:17 PM)Eric the Green Wrote:
(11-14-2016, 01:22 PM)X_4AD_84 Wrote:
(11-11-2016, 11:26 PM)Eric the Green Wrote:
(11-11-2016, 08:47 PM)radind Wrote: I think we need to take a break and review the results after Trump has been in office for a few months. Then we could discuss facts instead of endless speculations.

I don't think the reports I posted about the decisions he's making are speculations.

But he is the president, so we'll see.

We also know what Paul Ryan wants to do, and what the Republican platform is. What is clear is that the fluke election of 1980, now more than half my life ago, has still not been reversed, and the count continues of the reign of trickle-down economics. Now 36 years, and to continue now for at least 4 more and probably more. Our nation cannot continue to prosper and our people cannot continue to prosper under the system. We are declining, and have been all this time. Just reducing the government, which was never the problem, will not solve our problems. We can't continue to blame people who get benefits for our low wages and slow business, instead of the folks who refuse to pay us fair wages and give endless breaks to them. That seems so obvious, and yet the people keep voting for more trickle-down economics. These are facts, not endless speculations. What seems to be endless, is the constant dumbing down of the people, so that they keep making stupid decisions on election day. It's tragic.

Mark these words. There WILL be challenges to Trump and his ilk, from The Right. Alt-Right are not all of The Right.

Challenges from the Right only mean that certain elements want to go backward even more faster than Trump does. They mean nothing.

Re-read your history of how Totalitarianism took over governments last century. Often times, fighting in the streets between the Left and Right was promoted and funded. Sometimes, a given instigating organization would fund or support both sides!

I don't see the anti-Trump demonstrations as funded. Trump called them professionals. No they are honestly outraged citizens expressing their opinion. Some of them are, I hope, going to channel the energy into organizing and political activism, FWIW, not just demonstrating, and not into fighting. That's what the folks at Lake Merritt said they would be doing. I don't see any of these demonstrators fighting against Trump supporters yet, do you? They got their way; they don't have to protest anyway.

Quote:This is why the classic Right and Left (which used to be represented by the GOP and Dems) should unite against this great evil. The various governments that fell during the period 1920 - 1940 did not heed such advice. Big, big mistake.

I don't see that as possible. The classic right and left are still represented by GOP and Dems. Trump is mostly classic Right; just some sops to working folks like anti-trade to get their votes. Hitler did the same sort of thing. Trump's main program is Reaganomics, and other right-wing policies. The classic right IS the evil, and the alt-right is the evil too. The right-wing is evil, whether classic or alternative.

You sometimes identify as Right, but you are moderate to liberal in your views. A mixture of right and left wing views is also moderate. No-one agrees with me or you on every issue. No need for you to defend the right-wing, which rules this country now.
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M

Messages In This Thread
Basket of Deplorables - by John J. Xenakis - 09-10-2016, 11:06 AM
RE: Basket of Deplorables - by pbrower2a - 09-10-2016, 02:01 PM
RE: Gringrich - by The Wonkette - 10-27-2016, 11:29 AM
RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - by Eric the Green - 11-15-2016, 12:28 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lets make fun of Obama while he is still relevant. Galen 207 123,070 01-25-2023, 07:45 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  Stimulus Bill Would Make Illegal Streaming a Felony LNE 7 2,580 02-02-2021, 04:12 AM
Last Post: random3
  Trump: Bring back torture to make America great nebraska 0 1,617 01-13-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: nebraska
  Bill would make New York first state to ban declawing of cats nebraska 0 1,895 01-13-2018, 07:13 AM
  Bill would make it a crime to videotape police in Arizona nebraska 0 1,831 01-11-2018, 04:01 AM
  High taxes, regulations make NY dead last in freedom nebraska 4 3,244 12-27-2017, 07:51 PM
  This result Bundy of trial should be fun. Galen 0 1,656 12-24-2017, 12:40 AM
Last Post: Galen
  Let's make fun of and bash Gary Johnson too! Eric the Green 16 18,025 10-15-2016, 02:50 PM
Last Post: Eric the Green