Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can!
(01-19-2017, 02:03 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: I'm not trying to wait, of course. There is zero chance that he will not run the country as he ran his campaign. So far, it has been far worse, in fact; given his appointments which are anything but "populist." Most of the press and pundits I have heard agree. And to say he hasn't "started to actually do stuff" is incredibly blind, given his appointments, which are the worst made by any elected leader ever.

Trump going swimming? That would create quite a splash! I don't disagree with your other statements. Unless Trump can threaten, harass and outright restrict the press, the way LBJ pressured CBS over the Smothers Brothers show, then both the press and today's social media outlets who oppose Trump will find ways to report what's going on. The problem is also, of course, the people, and how easily they have been deceived. Half the country just doesn't get what's going on at all, and are willfully ignorant.

I'll wait another day or seven. I figure there are enough folks piling on that I won't be missed.

I like 'conned' better than 'willfully ignorant', but won't argue very much.

After the swearing in, he will have different goals. I expect the nature of the con to change. I have a sense that he will be looking for more than a four year stay, in which case he has to keep folks conned. And yet... his appointments? He's suggesting that Trumpcare will be more inclusive, less expensive, higher quality... and how he could get that through a Republican Congress I don't know. He hasn't the people skills, he hasn't the experience, yet he has enough of an ego to think he can solve any problem with really blatant lies and a surplus of bombast. He seemed to think more aggressive use of the military could fix some problems. He promised more borrow and spend trickle down, which scares me.

Anyway, go ahead, keep posting for the next day or so. I don't like it either, but I'm saving my ammunition until I see how his style will adapt to actually having power to abuse.
That this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom, and that government of the people, by the people, for the people shall not perish from the earth.

Messages In This Thread
Basket of Deplorables - by John J. Xenakis - 09-10-2016, 11:06 AM
RE: Basket of Deplorables - by pbrower2a - 09-10-2016, 02:01 PM
RE: Gringrich - by The Wonkette - 10-27-2016, 11:29 AM
RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - by Bob Butler 54 - 01-19-2017, 03:15 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lets make fun of Obama while he is still relevant. Galen 207 122,944 01-25-2023, 07:45 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  Stimulus Bill Would Make Illegal Streaming a Felony LNE 7 2,579 02-02-2021, 04:12 AM
Last Post: random3
  Trump: Bring back torture to make America great nebraska 0 1,617 01-13-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: nebraska
  Bill would make New York first state to ban declawing of cats nebraska 0 1,895 01-13-2018, 07:13 AM
  Bill would make it a crime to videotape police in Arizona nebraska 0 1,831 01-11-2018, 04:01 AM
  High taxes, regulations make NY dead last in freedom nebraska 4 3,239 12-27-2017, 07:51 PM
  This result Bundy of trial should be fun. Galen 0 1,655 12-24-2017, 12:40 AM
Last Post: Galen
  Let's make fun of and bash Gary Johnson too! Eric the Green 16 18,007 10-15-2016, 02:50 PM
Last Post: Eric the Green