Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can!
(01-28-2017, 04:45 PM)Bob Butler 54 Wrote:
(01-28-2017, 04:31 PM)Eric the Green Wrote: No-one is asking to join in on what you prefer not to join.

It's not just Trump; that's true; his base is also stoking both the problems and opinions about them. But Drump is a talented speaker, star and demogogue who is able to stoke that base, and a bit beyond his base to sway other voters too.  I do give him credit for "doing what he said he'd do" to an extent, but because his approach is amateur, much of it won't stick, and much of it is destructive. He has deceptively spoken to real people with real problems too, as well as his base, and swayed them with lies that he is interested in the people. His actions are not what he said he'd do, in that respect. He is doing this stoking of fear and prejudice deliberately, for sure; it was his planned path to power. That's fact as I see it, not demonization. The entire Trump phenomenon is at-least somewhat demonic. That means it has taken possession of people.

You're habitually into religious thought.  You're into astrology, spiritualism and sometimes religion.  (At times, you seem to distinguish between spiritualism and religion, embracing the former, while distancing yourself from the latter.)

But are you for real serious in this demonic possession thing?  Do you think he'll be outlining pentagrams inside circles in salt in the Oval Office?  Is it time to call in exorcists?

Maybe, but I mean possession in a more general sense. People refer to "our own demons." Parts of ourselves get out of control. Playwrite referred to the amygdala, and I like that idea as well. There was a report on this recently. "The reactive mind," L. Ron Hubbard called it. That part of us that takes us over. Buddhists refer to it as the fire in us that needs to be put out; the attachment to cravings. And collectively, the same thing can happen to groups of people, stoked and stimuluted by the hypnotic charms and cries of a demagogue. Trump is definitely in that tradition, whether you go for the Hitler or Mussolini analogy, or less dangerous ones mentioned here like Father Coughlin or Huey Long, or the character in "It Can't Happen Here." They said it couldn't happen here? Well, it just did.

An exorcist might be needed, perhaps; but pentagrams? Those are just symbols of humanity, or of neo-pagan/wiccan natural religion, etc.
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M

Messages In This Thread
Basket of Deplorables - by John J. Xenakis - 09-10-2016, 11:06 AM
RE: Basket of Deplorables - by pbrower2a - 09-10-2016, 02:01 PM
RE: Gringrich - by The Wonkette - 10-27-2016, 11:29 AM
RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - by Eric the Green - 01-28-2017, 05:29 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lets make fun of Obama while he is still relevant. Galen 207 122,620 01-25-2023, 07:45 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  Stimulus Bill Would Make Illegal Streaming a Felony LNE 7 2,571 02-02-2021, 04:12 AM
Last Post: random3
  Trump: Bring back torture to make America great nebraska 0 1,608 01-13-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: nebraska
  Bill would make New York first state to ban declawing of cats nebraska 0 1,888 01-13-2018, 07:13 AM
  Bill would make it a crime to videotape police in Arizona nebraska 0 1,823 01-11-2018, 04:01 AM
  High taxes, regulations make NY dead last in freedom nebraska 4 3,221 12-27-2017, 07:51 PM
  This result Bundy of trial should be fun. Galen 0 1,647 12-24-2017, 12:40 AM
Last Post: Galen
  Let's make fun of and bash Gary Johnson too! Eric the Green 16 17,946 10-15-2016, 02:50 PM
Last Post: Eric the Green