Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can!
ha ha!

Ralph Peters Rips Fox News, Quits

Tuesday, 20 Mar 2018 09:28 PM

Veteran Fox News analyst, retired Lt. Col. Ralph Peters is reportedly leaving the network — accusing it of fueling paranoia and serving as a "propaganda machine" for the Trump administration.

"In my view, Fox has degenerated from providing a legitimate and much-needed outlet for conservative voices to a mere propaganda machine for a destructive and ethically ruinous administration," Peters wrote in a farewell note sent to his Fox colleagues Tuesday, The New York Times reported, saying it obtained a copy of the note.

"Four decades ago, I took an oath as a newly commissioned officer. I swore to 'support and defend the Constitution,' and that oath did not expire when I took off my uniform. Today, I feel that Fox News is assaulting our constitutional order and the rule of law, while fostering corrosive and unjustified paranoia among viewers," the note stated.

"Over my decade with Fox, I long was proud of the association. Now, I am ashamed."

Peters wrote Fox News' prime-time anchors "dismiss facts and empirical reality to launch profoundly dishonest assaults on the FBI, the Justice Department, the courts, the intelligence community (in which I served) and, not least, a model public servant and genuine war hero such as Robert Mueller."

"I cannot be part of the same organization, even at a remove," he wrote.

Fox News responded it was "extremely proud" of its hosts "and all of our opinion programming," and "Ralph Peters is entitled to his opinion despite the fact that he's choosing to use it as a weapon in order to gain attention."

In an email interview with the Times, Peters said his letter had been "intended for internal consumption," adding: "I am not trying to grandstand. Fox was good to me for many years."

He told the Times he told Fox News on March 1 he did not plan to renew his contract, which expires near the end of this month, because "as a retired military officer, I simply could not continue with Fox in good conscience."

Read Newsmax Article: Ralph Peters Rips Fox News, Quits | Newsmax.com
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M

Messages In This Thread
Basket of Deplorables - by John J. Xenakis - 09-10-2016, 11:06 AM
RE: Basket of Deplorables - by pbrower2a - 09-10-2016, 02:01 PM
RE: Gringrich - by The Wonkette - 10-27-2016, 11:29 AM
RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - by Eric the Green - 03-21-2018, 07:49 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lets make fun of Obama while he is still relevant. Galen 207 123,112 01-25-2023, 07:45 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  Stimulus Bill Would Make Illegal Streaming a Felony LNE 7 2,581 02-02-2021, 04:12 AM
Last Post: random3
  Trump: Bring back torture to make America great nebraska 0 1,620 01-13-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: nebraska
  Bill would make New York first state to ban declawing of cats nebraska 0 1,897 01-13-2018, 07:13 AM
  Bill would make it a crime to videotape police in Arizona nebraska 0 1,833 01-11-2018, 04:01 AM
  High taxes, regulations make NY dead last in freedom nebraska 4 3,247 12-27-2017, 07:51 PM
  This result Bundy of trial should be fun. Galen 0 1,659 12-24-2017, 12:40 AM
Last Post: Galen
  Let's make fun of and bash Gary Johnson too! Eric the Green 16 18,038 10-15-2016, 02:50 PM
Last Post: Eric the Green