Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can!
(08-12-2018, 09:01 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote:
(08-11-2018, 10:21 AM)pbrower2a Wrote: ....
The Trump Administration is a racket. But don't you think that Robert Mueller will be getting a bit old for this fairly soon -- as in January 21, 2021, when we have a new President?
As a US tax payer,

you have no authority that a welfare recipient or someone on Social Security has...

Quote:I'm not impressed with him or the Republicans who are doing nothing/ saying nothing and going along  in order to protect the integrity of an institution and a government  that is now and always has been widely viewed as corrupt .

Institutional integrity is worth the effort to create, enhance, preserve, protect, and should it ever come to that, restore. The Trump regime is the most corrupt Presidency in American history. Grant may have had some corrupt figures in his cabinet, but he got them out when they were exposed as such and got clean officials to replace them. Harding's Teapot Dome scandal  was small stuff compared to this. Donald Trump has filled the White House with fanatics and crooks... and the line between their fanaticism and venality is often blurry.

Pervasive corruption is not inevitable in American politics. Even the detractors of Barack Obama recognize that his Presidency had no room for corruption. Eight years without a scandal leading to an indictment? I wish that were the norm.

Making allowances for war (especially the Civil War and World War II), Donald Trump is the cruelest President since Andrew Jackson inflicted his Trail of Tears upon First Peoples in the American Southeast. His policies and even his language drip with cruelty.

Quote:Dude, the liberal blues and conservative pinks can (profanity redacted) with you and (profanity redacted) you over all they want because I have no emotional  ties to you or the clueless blues who just don't seem to get it or be able to see it in general. Like I said, we may assist you with getting rid of some Republicans are viewed as expendable in the short term. The Senate is more important to us as far as the short term and a couple of years of watching a bunch of worthless  blue dip shits making fools of themselves is beneficial to us as far as the long term.

I am too slight a figure to be a menace to the elites. I see an election in the House in which Republicans stand to lose as Democrats lost in 2010.  Republicans will recover, but it will take time. The Senate will be tougher for Democrats because the 2020 election is still the reflection of the wave election of 2006. and Democrats have at least three vulnerable incumbents. 

Quote:BTW, you're never to old for going to prison and allowing this to play out as it is while hard facts and undeniable truths begin coming out is what we need to prompt the 4t era. I suggest that you start looking for a cozy tent to live in because you're going to need one like the poor blue bastards who have been flocking to blue cities are living in now.

(a reference to Robert Mueller) -- I suspect that he does look in his rear-view mirror. The Trump regime is consummately ruthless and it has allies in very low places -- namely the Underworld. 

This 4T will culminate when people start deciding what the undeniable truths are. "We do not need a despotic King (George III) interfering in everything, and we cannot tolerate anarchy" fit the Crisis of 1780. "Slavery is incompatible with our democratic ideals" was the message of Abraham Lincoln in more and better words until the  world's second-greatest military power at the start of the Civil  War collapsed. "Government has responsibility for the overall direction of the economy, and fascism must die" was the consensus of the Crisis of 1940.

Neither of us knows what the consensus of the Crisis of 2020 will be. When we have a 55-45 split instead of a 51-49 split on core values, we will know what that consensus is. Maybe Donald Trump will grind us down so that we get to live only as serfs in a high-tech version of feudalism. Maybe he will show us through his many blunders what is necessary.

By the way -- I would rather that we spread the economic activity more evenly as it was in the 1950s. That would solve much of the "blue" and "red" divide in politics that is effectively regional.
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

Messages In This Thread
Basket of Deplorables - by John J. Xenakis - 09-10-2016, 11:06 AM
RE: Basket of Deplorables - by pbrower2a - 09-10-2016, 02:01 PM
RE: Gringrich - by The Wonkette - 10-27-2016, 11:29 AM
RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - by pbrower2a - 08-13-2018, 12:23 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lets make fun of Obama while he is still relevant. Galen 207 122,944 01-25-2023, 07:45 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  Stimulus Bill Would Make Illegal Streaming a Felony LNE 7 2,579 02-02-2021, 04:12 AM
Last Post: random3
  Trump: Bring back torture to make America great nebraska 0 1,617 01-13-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: nebraska
  Bill would make New York first state to ban declawing of cats nebraska 0 1,894 01-13-2018, 07:13 AM
  Bill would make it a crime to videotape police in Arizona nebraska 0 1,831 01-11-2018, 04:01 AM
  High taxes, regulations make NY dead last in freedom nebraska 4 3,239 12-27-2017, 07:51 PM
  This result Bundy of trial should be fun. Galen 0 1,655 12-24-2017, 12:40 AM
Last Post: Galen
  Let's make fun of and bash Gary Johnson too! Eric the Green 16 18,007 10-15-2016, 02:50 PM
Last Post: Eric the Green