Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can!
Wacky Omarosa, who got fired 3 times on the Apprentice, now got fired for the last time. She never made it, never will. She begged me for a job, tears in her eyes, I said OK. People in the White House hated her. She was vicious, but not smart. I would rarely see her but heard really bad things. Nasty to people & would constantly miss meetings & work. When Gen. Kelly came on board he told me she was a loser & nothing but problems. I told him to try working it out, if possible, because she only said GREAT things about me – until she got fired!

-- our "Great and Infallible Leader"... who else?

OK, I have written and posted this elsewhere (Taegan Goddard's Political Wire)

Bright people do not ordinarily brag about high IQs. If anything, high intelligence can make one a misfit in a society in which political discourse, religion, advertising, and entertainment are usually directed at the dull-normal. If you have an IQ in the 130s (2 standard deviations [SD] away from the average at 100, one standard deviation being 15 points of IQ), then you are likely a misfit at most jobs, you find most entertainment boring (and you are selective about it -- let's hear it for J S Bach!), you find televangelism a sick joke, and you don't rely heavily upon advertising to make your choices. You consider stock phrases like "Make America Great Again" or "Put a Tiger in Your Tank" suspect, because you are likely to have a question about the meaning of something deliberately vague.

A 200 IQ? That's roughly 6 2/3 standard deviations. Measurement of people at that level is extremely rare.

Mensa membership is available for people at 2 standard deviations (roughly an IQ of 130 or higher, which is in the general range of professionals as adults). People with IQs above 130 are about 2% of the population, or about one in 22. A typical elementary-school classroom with 25 kids has a good chance of having a kid with such an IQ. Above 145? About a fourth of one percent, or about one in 370. There are less than a million such people in the USA.

Above 160 (four standard deviations)? The chance of someone having such an IQ is about one in 15,800. There are about 24,000 such people in the USA. At this point it is nearly impossible to find people who can make or validate tests of this level of intelligence.

Above 175? About 1 in 1.75 million. There are about 200 such people in the United States except for any programs that attract such people.

At 200? One chance in ten to one hundred billion, as the scale gets logarithmic.That such a person is alive is much in doubt at the low end and that such a person has ever been alive is practically unlikely. Besides, how would anyone know?

Smartest person who ever lived? I doubt that anyone would compare her to Carl Friedrich Gauss -- who would have certainly stayed clear of the madhouse known as the Trump Administration.

(In case you wonder, the productive geniuses are intensely focused and anything but lazy. If they are handled properly, which means letting them do what they want so long as it is a worthy effort, geniuses have every incentive for both focus and diligence).

...the real problem is that anyone with even rudimentary understanding of probability and statistics, let alone intelligence testing, would believe a claim of an IQ around 200. But Trump does not surround himself with people who might question his judgment based on stronger expertise than his.

https://politicalwire.com/2018/08/13/tru...qus_thread
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

Messages In This Thread
Basket of Deplorables - by John J. Xenakis - 09-10-2016, 11:06 AM
RE: Basket of Deplorables - by pbrower2a - 09-10-2016, 02:01 PM
RE: Gringrich - by The Wonkette - 10-27-2016, 11:29 AM
RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - by pbrower2a - 08-13-2018, 11:31 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lets make fun of Obama while he is still relevant. Galen 207 122,889 01-25-2023, 07:45 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  Stimulus Bill Would Make Illegal Streaming a Felony LNE 7 2,578 02-02-2021, 04:12 AM
Last Post: random3
  Trump: Bring back torture to make America great nebraska 0 1,617 01-13-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: nebraska
  Bill would make New York first state to ban declawing of cats nebraska 0 1,894 01-13-2018, 07:13 AM
  Bill would make it a crime to videotape police in Arizona nebraska 0 1,830 01-11-2018, 04:01 AM
  High taxes, regulations make NY dead last in freedom nebraska 4 3,238 12-27-2017, 07:51 PM
  This result Bundy of trial should be fun. Galen 0 1,654 12-24-2017, 12:40 AM
Last Post: Galen
  Let's make fun of and bash Gary Johnson too! Eric the Green 16 17,993 10-15-2016, 02:50 PM
Last Post: Eric the Green