Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can!
(08-16-2018, 08:25 AM)pbrower2a Wrote:
(08-16-2018, 12:57 AM)Classic-Xer Wrote:
(08-14-2018, 04:13 PM)pbrower2a Wrote: We had the plurality in 2016 for President and still lost. We had the plurality for the US House and Senate in 2012 and still lost. Your side's luck may be running out because it lacks the decency to hold onto adequate support.

Millions show in approval polls that they already regret voting for Donald Trump
I'd say one side isn't as  attached to it's politicians like the other side seems to be to theirs.

Democrats are more closely tied to the post-WWII heritage. Government exists to do good for as many as possible, and legal precedent overpowers the passion of the moment. Republicans are post-modern in their rejection of logical conventions, exaltation of impulse and anger, disdain for the Other Side. Republicans used to be for community, logical thought, self-restraint, and moderation. As conservatives they believed that excessive zeal in reforming the economic order and social structure would lead to the destruction of the proverbial goose that lays the golden eggs (capitalism) which foster economic, technological, and even social progress. They also believed that the family was the model to imitate in social organization.

Republicans have taken nearly sixty years (Eisenhower had the wisdom to let Joseph McCarthy implode politically, and did not resist the Supreme Court decisions against segregation) to go from being rational alternatives to overzealous reformers to deciding that anger, superstition, and dishonesty are legitimate tools of political leadership. This is so marked that Dwight Eisenhower is more similar to Barack Obama than to Donald Trump.

Donald Trump is not a conservative; he is a revolutionary. He stands for a pervasive revolution that casts out all of the benign knowledge of the past (except perhaps technical knowledge) if it runs contrary to his whim. Such is folly.
I don't view Obama and Eisenhower as being in the same league as far as Presidents go. Whatever you say about Trump, I can easily say about you or any partisan blue. The Republicans are more powerful  today than they were back when the Democrats were the dominant party (post WWII era) . What's happened? America has advanced and has become more educated, more independent and more financially able to fend/provide for itself across the spectrum with the exception of low end/ ignorant blue voters that idiots like Eric and demagogues/political hacks like yourself tend to draw in and appeal to in places like this . As you hit 4,000 posts, I completed my umpteenth thousand installation in exchange for several thousand dollars that you get a tinch of for doing nothing constructive, doing nothing that's viewed as beneficial to me and doing nothing good as far as I can see here. So, you better fucking pray that the crisis doesn't boil down to the blue or us as far as survival goes because we will eliminate the blues.

Messages In This Thread
Basket of Deplorables - by John J. Xenakis - 09-10-2016, 11:06 AM
RE: Basket of Deplorables - by pbrower2a - 09-10-2016, 02:01 PM
RE: Gringrich - by The Wonkette - 10-27-2016, 11:29 AM
RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - by Classic-Xer - 08-16-2018, 09:14 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lets make fun of Obama while he is still relevant. Galen 207 122,958 01-25-2023, 07:45 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  Stimulus Bill Would Make Illegal Streaming a Felony LNE 7 2,579 02-02-2021, 04:12 AM
Last Post: random3
  Trump: Bring back torture to make America great nebraska 0 1,617 01-13-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: nebraska
  Bill would make New York first state to ban declawing of cats nebraska 0 1,895 01-13-2018, 07:13 AM
  Bill would make it a crime to videotape police in Arizona nebraska 0 1,831 01-11-2018, 04:01 AM
  High taxes, regulations make NY dead last in freedom nebraska 4 3,242 12-27-2017, 07:51 PM
  This result Bundy of trial should be fun. Galen 0 1,656 12-24-2017, 12:40 AM
Last Post: Galen
  Let's make fun of and bash Gary Johnson too! Eric the Green 16 18,014 10-15-2016, 02:50 PM
Last Post: Eric the Green