Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can!
(08-16-2018, 09:58 PM)pbrower2a Wrote:
(08-16-2018, 09:14 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote: I don't view Obama and Eisenhower as being in the same league as far as Presidents go. Whatever you say about Trump, I can easily say about you or any partisan  blue. The Republicans are more powerful  today than they were back when the Democrats were the dominant party (post WWII era) . What's happened? America has advanced and has become more educated, more independent and more financially able to fend/provide for itself across the spectrum with the exception of low end/ ignorant  blue voters that idiots like Eric and demagogues/political hacks like yourself  tend to draw in and  appeal to in places like this . As you hit 4,000 posts, I completed my umpteenth thousand installation in exchange for several thousand dollars that you get a tinch of for doing nothing constructive, doing nothing that's viewed as beneficial to me and doing nothing good as far as I can see here. So, you better(vile word redacted)  pray that the crisis doesn't boil down to the blue or us as far as survival goes because we will eliminate the blues.

You may not see them in the same league, but I see Obama and Eisenhower similar in temperament, respectful of legal precedent and diplomatic protocol, similarly cautious, associated with one big-spending project (Interstate Highway System or Obamacare), and free of scandals. Their curriculae vitae may be very different, but both show signs of being the best sorts of Reactive Presidents possible -- mellowed and mature, able to control their tempers, and tending to not cause trouble.

In the 1950s, Eisenhower won the won highly-educated voters in America by a landslide. Obama won a majority of them, which may suggest that in many respects the Democratic and Republican Parties have largely shifted in support.

Barack Obama, had he chosen to get a start in the Service Academies, would have been a fine general officer by now.  On the other side -- I am satisfied that Ike would have been a fine legal mind.

I'm biding my time until the schools open. Substitute teaching is a demanding, if not well-paying job.

In case you are scared of me -- I have no intention of war against Tea Party - Trump supporters. I have no desire to exterminate anyone. If anything, I want to defuse any Crisis similar to the dissolution of Yugoslavia. Should you think 'elimination' of people opposite you in your views, then you have a problem.
Don't worry, I'm not scared of you or the blues in general. As far as Ike and Obama, other than some of the political comparisons and an S&H term that you mentioned, there is little to no comparison between the two of them as far as their previous accomplishments and their leadership style. At this point, you can pretty much scrap the S&H theory and the terminology associated with it for now. As far as spending projects, Ike initiated a massive spending project to build a national freeway system that we all see and use today. Obama initiated two spending projects ( The Stimulus and Obama) which didn't/haven't turned as well as his.

Messages In This Thread
Basket of Deplorables - by John J. Xenakis - 09-10-2016, 11:06 AM
RE: Basket of Deplorables - by pbrower2a - 09-10-2016, 02:01 PM
RE: Gringrich - by The Wonkette - 10-27-2016, 11:29 AM
RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - by Classic-Xer - 08-17-2018, 12:05 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lets make fun of Obama while he is still relevant. Galen 207 123,075 01-25-2023, 07:45 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  Stimulus Bill Would Make Illegal Streaming a Felony LNE 7 2,580 02-02-2021, 04:12 AM
Last Post: random3
  Trump: Bring back torture to make America great nebraska 0 1,618 01-13-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: nebraska
  Bill would make New York first state to ban declawing of cats nebraska 0 1,895 01-13-2018, 07:13 AM
  Bill would make it a crime to videotape police in Arizona nebraska 0 1,831 01-11-2018, 04:01 AM
  High taxes, regulations make NY dead last in freedom nebraska 4 3,244 12-27-2017, 07:51 PM
  This result Bundy of trial should be fun. Galen 0 1,656 12-24-2017, 12:40 AM
Last Post: Galen
  Let's make fun of and bash Gary Johnson too! Eric the Green 16 18,027 10-15-2016, 02:50 PM
Last Post: Eric the Green