Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can!
(01-18-2019, 01:59 AM)Classic-Xer Wrote: So, you prefer politicians making backroom deals among themselves instead of being open or transparent as we say and debating issues among themselves in front of the public like they should these days. I mean, do you think Obamacare would have been passed without the backroom deals that resulted in the elimination of the Democratic super majority and the bulk of the GOP establishment as well. Pelosi didn't want to discuss details with Trump in public. She preferred to discuss details in private. Why? I assume that she felt uncomfortable and concerned about Trump hammering her with the truth as it relates to illegal immigration and facts as they relate to illegal immigration and the use of walls and so forth.

Obamacare passed through the Democratic supermajority in 2009-January 2010, and could not have been passed at any other time. The facts as they relate to illegal immigration is that it is substantially down from past administrations and Obama had a handle on it. The issue was a mere gimmick to appeal to prejudice by a demagogue.

Quote:....we (reds) aren't the ones voting to go backwards and return to large scale use of labor to build stuff like the good old days or the idea paying lots of people to sit around and strum themselves while the other half works, pay their own bills and contributes the bulk of the taxes to accommodate their presence and support their welfare lifestyles either. No, I figure we'll opt to go separate ways and opt to move on without the liberals. I'm sure Reddish America will let liberals decide whether a war of liberation will be necessary or whether they'll be willing to let go and go with Europe.

We blues do not say that labor should not be replaced, where it's productive to do so. We say if we do this, then the resulting profits do not belong to just the owners of the machines, but should be distributed to all the workers who make them profitable, and to all people in need. All of society has contributed to this advancement. If the machines save labor, as promised, then it should save labor for workers, and everybody. Robotics means the end of the Republican anti-welfare meme that you guys are SO devoted to, and which is the basis of your votes. Americans will have to let go of the work ethic, since less work is needed, and make sure that the profits from the machines get distributed, and that workers and other creative and enterprising people of all kinds only need to work part time at full pay. That won't mean the end of ethics, or the goal of fulfilling and productive activities, or even of self-reliance. But if the conservative red Reagun/Gingrinch/Bushed/Drumpface Republican voters insist on keeping this outdated anti-welfare meme as the ruling doctrine of our society, then we'd be willing to let you guys go live in your separate Dixieland Heartland, and let us forge ahead with progress by ourselves.
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M

Messages In This Thread
Basket of Deplorables - by John J. Xenakis - 09-10-2016, 11:06 AM
RE: Basket of Deplorables - by pbrower2a - 09-10-2016, 02:01 PM
RE: Gringrich - by The Wonkette - 10-27-2016, 11:29 AM
RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - by Eric the Green - 01-19-2019, 09:09 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lets make fun of Obama while he is still relevant. Galen 207 122,619 01-25-2023, 07:45 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  Stimulus Bill Would Make Illegal Streaming a Felony LNE 7 2,571 02-02-2021, 04:12 AM
Last Post: random3
  Trump: Bring back torture to make America great nebraska 0 1,608 01-13-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: nebraska
  Bill would make New York first state to ban declawing of cats nebraska 0 1,888 01-13-2018, 07:13 AM
  Bill would make it a crime to videotape police in Arizona nebraska 0 1,822 01-11-2018, 04:01 AM
  High taxes, regulations make NY dead last in freedom nebraska 4 3,221 12-27-2017, 07:51 PM
  This result Bundy of trial should be fun. Galen 0 1,647 12-24-2017, 12:40 AM
Last Post: Galen
  Let's make fun of and bash Gary Johnson too! Eric the Green 16 17,946 10-15-2016, 02:50 PM
Last Post: Eric the Green