Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can!
(04-19-2019, 03:10 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote:
(04-19-2019, 01:05 PM)pbrower2a Wrote: OK, this is what this thread is really about. The British put historical markers at sites of historical events such as "Here, Charles Darwin wrote The Origin of Species", "Here was born  General Bernard Montgomery", Here, Alexander Fleming discovered penicillin", or "Here the Beatles first held a concert".

Trump supporters don't seem to be  the sorts who do much foreign travel as such would violate their ideas of comfort with the familiar. But if they did they would not like to see this marker:

[Image: get?url=https%3A%2F%2Fscreenshotscdn.fir...=320&h=304]
I'd prefer to purchase a really nice boat or some property than sacrifice/spend the same amount of money on a trip/some trips to Europe. Now, you can spend several thousands of dollars to see that stuff if you want and several thousands more seeing other places abroad as well. I don't care what you do with your money or what you'd prefer to spend it on and so forth.

But here's the deal, if you spend your money on traveling abroad and run into financial  issues down the road don't cry to me and blame the world for your financial or   blame the Republicans because that's what poor people have been taught to do by liberals for many years because all you have to show for it are some neat/cool pictures and knowledge or emotional stimulation  gained by seeing whatever stuff that  you were mainly interested in seeing that may not be viewed  much of value to anyone else.

You lack a sense of humor. I am lucky for now to be able to take a 150-mile round trip, as broke as I now am. I am probably 20 years away from a different sort of trip, but that is one way, and from one of those places from which people get no correspondence except perhaps in seances or dreams -- neither of which I trust.

All that I envy about the rich, aside from economic security (and if the common man ever got that he would have the freedom to say no to his economic exploitation and mean it, so that is impossible under our economic rules in which 95% of the people suffer for 2%), is foreign travel. Mansions, sports cars, overpriced motorcars, jewelry? I have the prospect of having to relocate for the most lucrative work that I have ever done, and to make the move economical I have decided what goes with me and what doesn't. The car, and some reasonably-good clothes? Sure. My CD and most of my video collection. Sure. Some books? Yup. A few souvenirs from interesting times in life? Yes.

I expect to abandon most other stuff at Goodwill or Salvation Army and replace it at another Goodwill or Salvation Army. That is one way to keep moving costs in line. About everything I have is 20 years old or older. That happens when one is not an early-adopter, which is one way to save money.

I would be in a place with plenty of nearby cultural attractions (it is southeastern Pennsylvania outside of Philadelphia) in such places as Philadelphia, Baltimore, Washington, and, should I handle my money well, NEW YORK CITY! I trade off the attractions around Chicago, Detroit, Toledo, Indianapolis, and Grand Rapids...

Experiences matter far more than things, fellow.

I would not make a side trip to see that unofficial plaque. On the other hand, I would love to see the historical sights associated with Shakespeare, J S Bach, Michelangelo, etc. The Swiss and Austrian Alps? Wunderbar! 

Your life would be far richer with complete sets of Beethoven and Shostakovich string quartets available together for less than $100. Less expensive than a couple hours playing slots, or three pints of rotgut whisky, n'est-ce-pas?

My sets:

[Image: 81ql3DBUB4L._AC_UL436_.jpg]

[Image: 51Bi3hx4FZL._AC_UL436_.jpg]
The ideal subject of totalitarian rule is not the convinced Nazi or the dedicated Communist  but instead the people for whom the distinction between fact and fiction, true and false, no longer exists -- Hannah Arendt.

Messages In This Thread
Basket of Deplorables - by John J. Xenakis - 09-10-2016, 11:06 AM
RE: Basket of Deplorables - by pbrower2a - 09-10-2016, 02:01 PM
RE: Gringrich - by The Wonkette - 10-27-2016, 11:29 AM
RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - by pbrower2a - 04-19-2019, 04:03 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lets make fun of Obama while he is still relevant. Galen 207 123,094 01-25-2023, 07:45 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  Stimulus Bill Would Make Illegal Streaming a Felony LNE 7 2,580 02-02-2021, 04:12 AM
Last Post: random3
  Trump: Bring back torture to make America great nebraska 0 1,618 01-13-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: nebraska
  Bill would make New York first state to ban declawing of cats nebraska 0 1,895 01-13-2018, 07:13 AM
  Bill would make it a crime to videotape police in Arizona nebraska 0 1,832 01-11-2018, 04:01 AM
  High taxes, regulations make NY dead last in freedom nebraska 4 3,245 12-27-2017, 07:51 PM
  This result Bundy of trial should be fun. Galen 0 1,656 12-24-2017, 12:40 AM
Last Post: Galen
  Let's make fun of and bash Gary Johnson too! Eric the Green 16 18,030 10-15-2016, 02:50 PM
Last Post: Eric the Green