Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can!
(02-08-2020, 09:04 PM)Ragnarök_62 Wrote:
(02-08-2020, 03:27 PM)Eric the Green Wrote:
(02-07-2020, 10:54 PM)Ragnarök_62 Wrote:
(02-07-2020, 01:14 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote:
(02-07-2020, 12:08 PM)Bob Butler 54 Wrote: I suppose that puts you on the fascist side, in favor of the Neo Nazi and KKK's right to harass minorities?  They seem to get creative in their propaganda attempts anyway.
Hmmm...I assume that you must favor/support Antifa. Me, I'm not siding with either of them. Hint...A real  American liberal wouldn't side with either radical group. You see, who kills who and how many of them are   killed and injured by each other  in the process doesn't matter to me at all.

Yes, Antifa is a violent group.  I think the term, terrorist applies.  Terrorism - the use of violence to achieve a political aim.

This definition is what I use to assign any group or individual. And of course the term applies to any right wing groups who do this crap as well.

I think Antifa is violent, and that's not cool. I sympathize with them, because the fascists really are making a comeback in the Trump era, and they are just saying no and offering resistance. They disrupt speakers, and that's against "free speech." But there's a line between free speech and hate speech, and I don't know just where the proper line is. Ideally, the authorities should not allow hate speech that incites violence. There'd at least theoretically be no need for Antifa's violent actions then.

I wouldn't call antifa terrorists, because they are not attacking innocent people, but resisting neo-nazi thugs. Antifa tactics obviously provide food for the anti-left propagandists, so it's not a wise tactic. On the other hand, resistance to neo-nazis in some way is needed. These latter are not doing the same crap; they are far worse, and we've been down this road before in Nazi Germany. A visit to Auschwitz would seem in order for those who think antifa and neo-nazis are "doing the same crap."

Here is a little reminder of this danger of Nazi hate from ABC News and the children of Auschwitz this week, broadcast after the debate:

Respect all people as our fellow humans, regardless of religion, race or nationality. That's the lesson.
https://youtu.be/w-Ji1e2NVQA?t=8061

I know. This is not making fun of anything. But it's where we're going under the current conman in charge.

Antifa does attack innocents. That is why I have an issue with them. If they attacked only Nazis, I wouldn't care.  That would just be a pox on both houses.

Here is a search list that has evidence. Feel free too peruse the list. Ain't got no'thuntahide, ya know.

https://duckduckgo.com/?q=antifa+attacks...&ia=videos

I don't see that antifa attacks innocents. Maybe a few bystanders in the way? They are dedicated to resisting fascists, as their name indicates. They confront them at their rallies. They disrupt speakers whom they consider fascist. A terrorist attacks people randomly, just to create terror. That's not antifa.

Your quotes and videos claim antifa attacks right-wingers. I don't agree with such tactics and attacks. But these people that they attack are not innocent or random. They are fascists.

Your video seemed to show antifa people saying "let him out" after some of them attacked a Trump supporter. No doubt when groups confront each other, some get carried away. And Trump supporter? Is a Trump supporter a fascist? Well, Trump is a fascist, so.... I don't think they should be attacked. But a few antifa hitting one Trump supporter a few times at a rally where an antifa group counter-demonstrates against the Trumpists, and then other antifas say let him go, is not terrorism.

Antifa is not cool. I am not a member of or supporter of them. But they are not equal to neo-Nazis. Again, if you think so, watch the ABC video.
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M

Messages In This Thread
Basket of Deplorables - by John J. Xenakis - 09-10-2016, 11:06 AM
RE: Basket of Deplorables - by pbrower2a - 09-10-2016, 02:01 PM
RE: Gringrich - by The Wonkette - 10-27-2016, 11:29 AM
RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - by Eric the Green - 02-10-2020, 04:53 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lets make fun of Obama while he is still relevant. Galen 207 122,608 01-25-2023, 07:45 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  Stimulus Bill Would Make Illegal Streaming a Felony LNE 7 2,570 02-02-2021, 04:12 AM
Last Post: random3
  Trump: Bring back torture to make America great nebraska 0 1,607 01-13-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: nebraska
  Bill would make New York first state to ban declawing of cats nebraska 0 1,887 01-13-2018, 07:13 AM
  Bill would make it a crime to videotape police in Arizona nebraska 0 1,821 01-11-2018, 04:01 AM
  High taxes, regulations make NY dead last in freedom nebraska 4 3,221 12-27-2017, 07:51 PM
  This result Bundy of trial should be fun. Galen 0 1,646 12-24-2017, 12:40 AM
Last Post: Galen
  Let's make fun of and bash Gary Johnson too! Eric the Green 16 17,943 10-15-2016, 02:50 PM
Last Post: Eric the Green