Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can!
(07-30-2016, 04:26 PM)Bob Butler 54 Wrote:
(07-30-2016, 03:35 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote: Why would I waste my valuable time watching a bunch of Democrats pumping themselves up? I get it, the Democrats still believe that they're the greatest people on Earth and their presence alone entitles them to x amount of support. "Hit" is the word that a group of liberals chose from a context in which it was said. Smart are capable of figuring that out themselves. I used to hate it when a so-called intelligent person would completely ignore the context and exploit one word that I said as if I used it literally. Child's play. I can't stand liberal child's play. Did child's play defeat Bush when times were more serious? Nope. Are times more serious? Yep. Lets see, "hitting" cops for this and that and whatever they want has resulted in several dead cops. Do you think any white progressive dumb fucks ever thought about that? Where do you think white progressives should rank with white Americans who aren't life long Democrats? If your honest and aware of all the negatives said about white people, you would rank yourself at the bottom.

Ummm....  Haven't you noticed that Bush 43 has exiled himself from politics?  The respectable candidates don't want his endorsement, while even he wouldn't endorse Trump?  In 2008 he interrupted Obama's 'cut and run' debate with McCain's 'stay the course' position by shifting his policy to the Democratic position at the peak of the presidential campaign.  Pulled the rug right out from under McCain even before he revealed that his economic policies were causing the greatest collapse since the Great Depression.  All those military bases he built in Iraq, and the world's largest embassy complex?  Empty.  You know how well his plans worked and are perceived of as working?

Well, of course you don't.  Are things comfortable in your echo chamber?  Have you even tried to evaluate the differences between the world as is and the daydreams of how you wish it to be?

Obama picked up Bush's decision to withdraw troops from the region fairly smoothly.  It didn't unring the bell, however.  Trump is right in one thing at least.  Saddam Hussain was a strong leader, terrorizing his own people into a semblance of peace through fear.  Remove Saddam and the whole area went up in flames.  The initial thought that high tech would be an effective cost multiplier for US troops worked great when fighting tank divisions, but didn't work at all when fighting insurgents.  Sometimes there is no substitute for boots on the ground.  Bush 43 pushed the US military to its limits and then some, using and over using the reserves, burning them out, and he still couldn't sustain a sufficient force on the ground to nation build Iraq into a nice complacent puppet state.  Thus, what he tried to do was a failure, expensive in blood, iron and gold.  Thus a lot of folk are more pleased with Obama's and Hillary's more mature efforts since.  The boys are back home.  They aren't apt to return without a clear path to victory.  No such path has been suggested.

Anyway, as one who is listening to both sides, the Democrats are now closer to the Reagan unraveling era military position than Trump.  Trump is not going to win votes abandoning long established allies and replacing reasoned policy with bullying bombast.

Really.  Bush 43 isn't going to be the rallying point for the remnants of the Republican Party.  He's a pariah among his own party, what's left of them.  Sheesh.

Yes, times are more serious.  An awful lot of folk who are listening with open minds will attribute the current serious times more to Bush 43 than any other single individual.  Trump doesn't want and isn't seeking to ride those coat tails.
I haven't noticed that he's been missing and I didn't really care if he attended the convention or not.. BTW, my time is to valuable to waste on Republicans trying to pump themselves up and feel each others pain after being soundly defeated by the independent wing of the Republican party. A wing that is quite capable of moving in your direction and splitting a weaker party in two. Hell, Romney could disappear tomorrow, I would not notice or even care for that matter. After all, one does not represent makeup of an entire party. Volunteer armies like we have are hard to sustain when two political parties are at war with other. How can soldiers win wars against obvious bad guys when a portion of their politicians associate them as being the bad guys. I'm sorry dude, you're party is screwed up. I thought the Democrats supporting Bush initially and abruptly turning against him and then using the war politically was pretty low at the time considering what was a stake at the time and the results that we are seeing/experiencing today.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - by Classic-Xer - 07-30-2016, 06:12 PM
Basket of Deplorables - by John J. Xenakis - 09-10-2016, 11:06 AM
RE: Basket of Deplorables - by pbrower2a - 09-10-2016, 02:01 PM
RE: Gringrich - by The Wonkette - 10-27-2016, 11:29 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lets make fun of Obama while he is still relevant. Galen 207 123,117 01-25-2023, 07:45 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  Stimulus Bill Would Make Illegal Streaming a Felony LNE 7 2,581 02-02-2021, 04:12 AM
Last Post: random3
  Trump: Bring back torture to make America great nebraska 0 1,620 01-13-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: nebraska
  Bill would make New York first state to ban declawing of cats nebraska 0 1,897 01-13-2018, 07:13 AM
  Bill would make it a crime to videotape police in Arizona nebraska 0 1,833 01-11-2018, 04:01 AM
  High taxes, regulations make NY dead last in freedom nebraska 4 3,248 12-27-2017, 07:51 PM
  This result Bundy of trial should be fun. Galen 0 1,659 12-24-2017, 12:40 AM
Last Post: Galen
  Let's make fun of and bash Gary Johnson too! Eric the Green 16 18,040 10-15-2016, 02:50 PM
Last Post: Eric the Green