Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can!
(08-01-2016, 11:30 AM)Classic-Xer Wrote:
(07-31-2016, 10:37 PM)Bob Butler 54 Wrote:
(07-31-2016, 08:08 PM)Classic-Xer Wrote:
(07-31-2016, 07:27 PM)Bob Butler 54 Wrote: CNN asks "Did Trump go too far?" verbally abusing a Gold Star Mother?

I personally think he didn't 'go' too far.  He's been too far for quite some time.  He's just marking time in place where he's been all along.

I think it's a shame that Democrats decided to use those people for their own political gains. Do you think that they took into account the fifty people who were slaughtered in a nightclub not so long ago or the eighty people who were slaughtered by a radical Muslim a little while ago and the feelings of all the Americans associated with the loss of them before they addressed the nation in regards to their interests relating to Muslims in general? Are immigrant Muslim more valuable to the Democrats than the people who died in Florida and in France?

It was Trump who was using their son for personal political purpose.  The parents of the dead boy had no particular interest in politics until Trump stepped into their lives.  They just wanted him to stop playing political football with their son's grave.

I can't speak for all Democrats, but I'm of the mind that all men are created equal.  A lot of Americans value that principle.  It's traditional in this country.  Now, the French have more responsibility for the people on French soil, and the US has more responsibility for folks on our soil, but I'd kind of hope that the two nations are exchanging intelligence freely and value all equally.

Only a racist, or since Orlando has been mentioned someone with an attitude towards gay people, would start thinking in terms of whether this person is more important than that person.  You don't look at the color of someone's skin, their religion, or their language and decide this person deserves to be valued more or protected more than someone else.  At least, that's what Americans are supposed to believe.  Not everyone in America follows American values.
I'm of the mind that we should all be viewed as equals and treated as equals. I don't believe in social preference or special rules being granted to a particular group or race of people. I'm ok with the fact that Tom Brady was born (blessed) with the skills and personality to be one of the greatest quarterbacks. Who brought them up, so to speak? Was it Trump or The Democratic party that you are associated with? Who voted to invade Iraq and send their son into harms way? Was it Trump or Hillary Clinton? My attitude towards gays is that they are equals who are entitled to the same rights and protections as me. I don't view gays or Muslims in general as people who are some how exempt from criticism and the laws and rules that are applicable to me. I don't view Muslims as being more special than me and more entitled than me  or a Jew or a Catholic for that matter. I don't automatically feel bad about blacks because they're black. I don't automatically feel bad about Muslims because they're Muslims. You are free to criticize Catholics about the actions of wayward priests. What's so special about those two Muslims? Are they more special than the mother who lost her son during a terrorist attack in Libya? Certainly they must be intelligent enough to understand the reason Trump wants to reduce the flow of Muslims at this time. I assume they've seen the same attacks as I have lately. I assume the man is pretty smart (well educated) based on his ability to speak and articulate his liberal views to you, me and the person who represents the policies that he obviously doesn't like.

What sanctimonious horseshXt.  Sick

It begs the question - "but would you let your sister marry one?"

Dude, you are supporting a Presidential candidate that wants to us a religious test to differentiate people in a governing process (i.e immigration policies).  This is not just against one of the founding principles of our Nation, it is against, debatably, THE founding principle of our Nation. 

The fact that you can't grasp that, and instead offer up a mush of horseshXt, lays complete waste to any notion that there needs to be a better understanding of each other's values and coming up with rational compromise.  No, instead, from a political perspective, we need to beat the bloody pulp out of your kin and cripple you forever in having ANY national political power.

I think you all sense that inevitability, and that is the primary reason you clutch so hard to the 2nd Amendment and disregard all the rest.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - by playwrite - 08-02-2016, 09:23 AM
Basket of Deplorables - by John J. Xenakis - 09-10-2016, 11:06 AM
RE: Basket of Deplorables - by pbrower2a - 09-10-2016, 02:01 PM
RE: Gringrich - by The Wonkette - 10-27-2016, 11:29 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lets make fun of Obama while he is still relevant. Galen 207 122,920 01-25-2023, 07:45 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  Stimulus Bill Would Make Illegal Streaming a Felony LNE 7 2,578 02-02-2021, 04:12 AM
Last Post: random3
  Trump: Bring back torture to make America great nebraska 0 1,617 01-13-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: nebraska
  Bill would make New York first state to ban declawing of cats nebraska 0 1,894 01-13-2018, 07:13 AM
  Bill would make it a crime to videotape police in Arizona nebraska 0 1,831 01-11-2018, 04:01 AM
  High taxes, regulations make NY dead last in freedom nebraska 4 3,239 12-27-2017, 07:51 PM
  This result Bundy of trial should be fun. Galen 0 1,654 12-24-2017, 12:40 AM
Last Post: Galen
  Let's make fun of and bash Gary Johnson too! Eric the Green 16 18,003 10-15-2016, 02:50 PM
Last Post: Eric the Green