Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can!
There's been some discussion on some thread (I don't remember which one) about whether Trump is mentally ill. So I post this article.

MSNBC's Lawrence O'Donnell: Trump Is 'Mentally Ill'

MSNBC host Lawrence O'Donnell Tuesday raised the issue of Donald Trump's mental capacity to serve as president — saying that "somebody has got to do a psychological profile and figure out why he acts the way he acts."

"It's becoming more and more clear that the biggest disqualifying factor as Donald Trump as president is his mental health," O'Donnell said, noting that he has known the Republican nominee for a decade. "Donald Trump is unfit for the office of the presidency."

He said that his clearest indication was Trump's attacks this past weekend on the family of Humayun Khan, the Muslim Army captain who died in Iraq in 2004.

His father, Khizr Khan, lashed out at Trump's plan to ban Muslims from entering the United States last week at the Democratic National Convention in Philadelphia.

Humayun Khan, of Bristow, Va., was killed by a car bomb. He was awarded the Purple Heart and is buried in Arlington National Cemetery.

"It was a sick thing to do — and there is plenty of reason to think that Donald Trump did it because he is sick, mentally ill," O'Donnell said. "No matter how many times Donald Trump called women dogs, most in the political media were never going to question his mental health — but the line he crossed over the weekend with the Khan family has finally directed the question of what's wrong with Donald Trump at the right target: his mental health."

O'Donnell's comments followed similar comments by "Morning Joe" host Joe Scarborough earlier Tuesday and Dr. Drew Pinsky on CNN the night before.

"I fielded calls all day yesterday from conservatives — from Republicans, from officials, from people that the media would call right-wing bloggers — and everybody was asking me about his mental health," Scarborough said on his program, Mediaite reports.

"It’s not like there was talking points shot out by the DNC or by anybody else," he added.

"Everybody was talking about his mental health yesterday, everybody was calling me saying: 'What’s happening to him? What is wrong with him?'"

Scarborough said he has known Trump for 20 years.

Pinsky told Don Lemon Monday night that while Trump did not fit the strict legal definition for insanity, he did show signs of several mental illnesses.

"There’s two definitions of sanity: one is legal definition, and that is somebody who is so out of it they don’t know the difference between right and wrong," Pinsky said, RawStory.com reports. "That is a very high standard for insanity — and very few people meet that standard.

"When you’re legally insane, you’re really not functioning," he added. "Clinically, medically, usually when we talk about insanity, we mean psychotic, hearing voices, hallucinations."

Pinsky noted, however, Trump's apparent narcissism.

"People want to label him with a narcissistic personality disorder — and that is a pretty tough, tough thing to do at a distance," he told Lemon.

"But let me just talk to you. Narcissism, generally, can be a good thing: If you’re a fighter pilot, we want you to be narcissist, not to have fear in extreme circumstances.

"Most political leaders have some degree of narcissism, what motivates them to go into these areas," Pinsky said. "We’ve done research on this — and it bears that out."

Breaking News at Newsmax.com http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/lawrence...z4GJRcNl6z
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M

Messages In This Thread
RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - by Eric the Green - 08-03-2016, 05:56 PM
Basket of Deplorables - by John J. Xenakis - 09-10-2016, 11:06 AM
RE: Basket of Deplorables - by pbrower2a - 09-10-2016, 02:01 PM
RE: Gringrich - by The Wonkette - 10-27-2016, 11:29 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lets make fun of Obama while he is still relevant. Galen 207 123,115 01-25-2023, 07:45 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  Stimulus Bill Would Make Illegal Streaming a Felony LNE 7 2,581 02-02-2021, 04:12 AM
Last Post: random3
  Trump: Bring back torture to make America great nebraska 0 1,620 01-13-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: nebraska
  Bill would make New York first state to ban declawing of cats nebraska 0 1,897 01-13-2018, 07:13 AM
  Bill would make it a crime to videotape police in Arizona nebraska 0 1,833 01-11-2018, 04:01 AM
  High taxes, regulations make NY dead last in freedom nebraska 4 3,247 12-27-2017, 07:51 PM
  This result Bundy of trial should be fun. Galen 0 1,659 12-24-2017, 12:40 AM
Last Post: Galen
  Let's make fun of and bash Gary Johnson too! Eric the Green 16 18,039 10-15-2016, 02:50 PM
Last Post: Eric the Green