Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can!
(08-07-2016, 10:18 AM)Classic-Xer Wrote:
(08-07-2016, 02:08 AM)Eric the Green Wrote: It's fine to strike a different note within our liberal echo chamber, Classic. I do think you are emotionally tied to some of the basic Republican ideas, however, but if you consider yourself untied, I'm on board with that; let's see where it leads you.

The working class is diminishing, that's true, which means it's not a solid source of votes for either party. The Democrats have gone more techie and yuppie, as the economy shifts from drudgery to smarts. But the workers will vote liberal if they know what's good for them. Getting the wealthy to pay more taxes will help deal with the charity cases indeed, and what's more, help them to get out of poverty; whereas the trickle-down favor-the-powerful policies of the Republicans have diminished the middle class and expanded poverty for 35 years and counting. The conservative policies are those that have proven they can't hold up, as wealthy has been more and more concentrated due to their policies, while the middle class finds fewer opportunities.

Trump can pose as their champion and their voice, but he would lead them into the ditch so that his own class can continue to corner the market on power and wealth. That's what he's always done, and that's what he'll do despite his claims. And despite their claims, the favor-the-rich policies of the conservatives have never worked. Liberal mixed-economy policies always work, if administered properly, and not taken to extremes by a different leftist "communist" elite. But, that can't happen here, and never has.
I consider myself untied and free to roam politically. Plus, I don't live in an echo chamber or view myself as being associated with one. As you have seen, I'm quite capable of operating alone and messing up a liberal echo chamber with very limited support. To me, Bob is a liberal fool who doesn't realize that he lives in a echo chamber and actively participates within an echo chamber and receives the bulk of his knowledge and information from an echo chamber. Me, I prefer to get my knowledge and information first hand. To me, you're a fool. A fool supports a party and a candidate who is more interested in associating itself with Hollywood glamor and glitz, yuppies and techies and other upper end income sorts who represent the money that need for support of their political campaigns and social programs that they claim is being used to lift the poor.

Right; except what's got you fooled and confused, is that those social programs REALLY DO lift the poor! Kick in the head, ain't it? To realize that what you thought was the truth, growing up in Reagan meme land, really isn't? Or at least it WILL be a kick in the head, when and IF you finally DO realize it. Not that programs are the answer to everything, but in fact without them we are all in shit creek. And it's OUR candidates, not yours, who want to reform the system so that big money and glamour does not rule our politics. But little facts like that don't seem to bother you too much. You can continue to float along in YOUR echo chamber and sorta just let those little details go unnoticed. But that's OK; we need some fools like you around to help keep us wise guys on the ball Smile
"I close my eyes, and I can see a better day" -- Justin Bieber

Keep the spirit alive;
Eric M

Messages In This Thread
RE: Let's make fun of Trump, bash him, etc. while we can! - by Eric the Green - 08-07-2016, 11:01 AM
Basket of Deplorables - by John J. Xenakis - 09-10-2016, 11:06 AM
RE: Basket of Deplorables - by pbrower2a - 09-10-2016, 02:01 PM
RE: Gringrich - by The Wonkette - 10-27-2016, 11:29 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Lets make fun of Obama while he is still relevant. Galen 207 122,599 01-25-2023, 07:45 PM
Last Post: pbrower2a
  Stimulus Bill Would Make Illegal Streaming a Felony LNE 7 2,570 02-02-2021, 04:12 AM
Last Post: random3
  Trump: Bring back torture to make America great nebraska 0 1,607 01-13-2018, 07:51 PM
Last Post: nebraska
  Bill would make New York first state to ban declawing of cats nebraska 0 1,885 01-13-2018, 07:13 AM
  Bill would make it a crime to videotape police in Arizona nebraska 0 1,821 01-11-2018, 04:01 AM
  High taxes, regulations make NY dead last in freedom nebraska 4 3,219 12-27-2017, 07:51 PM
  This result Bundy of trial should be fun. Galen 0 1,645 12-24-2017, 12:40 AM
Last Post: Galen
  Let's make fun of and bash Gary Johnson too! Eric the Green 16 17,937 10-15-2016, 02:50 PM
Last Post: Eric the Green